Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 7:52:10 PM   
Janice

My heirloom baby dress tutorial is being offered by Classic Sewing Magazine as an on-line sew-along. It includes information and definitions, techniques and in lesson 2, the embroidery designs used. There is no charge but you need to sign up. This project was designed as an introduction to heirloom sewing, but those of you who are experienced stitchers might find a few tidbits. There are so many ways to execute each heirloom sewing technique so perhaps one of mine will be new to you. I am so pleased and hope my friends will sign up or even just take a look at https://www.classicsewingmagazine.com/brother-sew-along/

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Janice -- 6/8/2018 12:07:16 AM >

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com
Post #: 1
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 8:26:47 PM   
KarenVA

How exciting!!! I got the email and will sign up for sure!!! Thank you for doing this for us!!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 2
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 10:43:33 PM   
MoDo

Is it just me? I received the email and checked out the pages, but didn't see any place to sign up

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 3
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 11:07:35 PM   
Janice

MoDo, go to this page, and look to the top right. There is a place there for you to sign up. Thanks for looking at this. I hope it is well-received.

< Message edited by Janice -- 6/6/2018 11:09:04 PM >

Janice

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 11:18:22 PM   
SewLynn

Congratulations Janice!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 5
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 11:23:04 PM   
Janice

Thank you, Lynn. I'm pretty excited. I wrote for Sew Beautiful for several years, starting with the premier issue, and also for several years for Creative Needle magazine. With both of those publications as well as AS&E gone now, it is exciting to contribute to Classic Sewing, the only remaining heirloom and smocking mag.

Janice

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/6/2018 11:47:45 PM   
caaguirre

I'm so happy for you, this will be a great experience for you and your students. The dress is exquisite and looks like just the right project to learn or perfect heirloom skills. Sorry I can't participate but I'll be with all of you in spirit.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 7
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/7/2018 8:58:03 AM   
Grammie

I'm with Carol...I cannot participate but I will read along and enjoy the process. Congratulations, Janice - a well-deserved opportunity for you and a real blessing for the sewing world.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 8
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/7/2018 10:46:23 AM   
MoDo

Thanks, Janice. I signed up even though I'm not sure I'll have the time to do the actual project. It will be great to follow along for future consideration.

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 9
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/7/2018 5:35:46 PM   
Nananeva

Thank you, Janice. I think it will be fun and signed up for it. I stopped at Joann's today, and purchased the pattern. They only had 2 in the store, and Simplicity patterns were 50% off. I have the BL Destiny II, and a Brother 6 needle. Am wondering about using some of Martha Pullens IEC christening dress embroidery designs. Make it just a bit fancier?

Neva

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 10
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/8/2018 12:17:37 AM   
Janice

Thank you, All! I really appreciate your sew-along sign-ups, congratulations and support. MoDo, Grammie and Carol, you don't have to actually sew, just receive the lessons and perhaps print them out for future reference. Or pick and choose any information that is new to you. Neva, it sounds like you are getting ready to start and very well equipped with those great machines. Great score on the pattern sale! I think using some of the MP IEC designs would be so pretty. This was a Brother project so I was limited to Brother designs, but those from MP are more delicate. I hope Classic Sewing will allow reader posts of finished projects, or projects in progress. Thanks again, to all of you for your support. This group is always so positive, helpful and encouraging.

Janice

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 11
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/8/2018 2:40:14 PM   
caaguirre

Thanks for the explanation, I went ahead and signed up. I love learning new techniques or refreshing my memory on known techniques, anything to improve my skills.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 12
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/8/2018 3:22:24 PM   
DDinDFW

Well, I can do that, Janice! How fun!

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 13
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/17/2018 5:34:22 PM   
Nananeva

Is everyone signed up for Janice's free heirloom sewing class? The second lesson has been posted. You must be a subscriber, and you get the lessons by printing them. At least, I haven't found any pdf's to download.

I need to find a supplier for the necessary fabric and laces. Local shops here in Utah do NOT have French lace. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I am editing to correct this posting. I ASSUMED you must be a subscriber to Classic Sewing Magazine. Don't know that for a fact. Sorry!

< Message edited by Nananeva -- 6/17/2018 8:44:45 PM >

Neva

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 14
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/17/2018 6:36:54 PM   
MoDo

Do you have to be a subscriber to Classic Sewing magazine? If so, that must be why I haven't received any notice of the second lesson.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 15
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/18/2018 4:08:15 PM   
caaguirre

I didn't get notification either. When I go to the site I see Lesson One only. Any hints on how to get Lesson Two?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 16
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/18/2018 5:02:28 PM   
Grammie

No mention of Lesson 2 on the site...and I have not received any notification of it either.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 17
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/18/2018 5:14:09 PM   
Janice

Now I can't see lesson 2 either. I have copied and pasted it so I could print it out, before they added the print option. Send me your e-mail at NCcabin@aol.com and I will send lesson 2 to you. I'm so sorry this has been difficult. But they are working through it, I'm sure.

Janice

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 18
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/18/2018 11:02:51 PM   
SewLynn

Classic Sewing magazine is simply not in my fixed income retirement budget, but I look forward to updates from members who can participate.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 19
RE: Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along - 6/19/2018 8:00:15 AM   
Janice

Lynn, the sew-along is not limited to magazine subscribers, just to subscribers of the sew-along. I do hope you will join us and perhaps learn a new tidbit. I will happily send you lesson 2 (lesson 1 is posted now) while we await a fix for the glitch with Classic Sewing's glitch with the second lesson. So come on along!

< Message edited by Janice -- 6/21/2018 11:36:15 PM >

Janice

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Classic Sewing Magazine heirloom sew-along Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy