Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Sewing machine doing weird stitches

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Sewing machine doing weird stitches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sewing machine doing weird stitches - 6/19/2018 1:27:26 AM   
spadekevin

Hi,

It's a bit hard to explain without showing you all, but my sewing machine is doing something weird and I don't know how to fix it. On the underside of the material (the bobbin side, I guess) it seems to not catch the stitches properly and I get a big mass of screwed up thread. The topside looks fine, although obviously isn't held in place properly because the backstitches are so rubbish. I've tried the usual things like cleaning the fluff out of the machine and oiling it. In the past, these things have fixed the problem, but not this time. Any ideas lovely experts?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://www.babyledweaning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27712
Vendor Management Video

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Sewing machine doing weird stitches - 6/19/2018 2:42:36 AM   
sewverybusy

Did you do the usual to clean your thread tension discs on top of machine, rethread totally, new needle, try a different bobbin??
Is the bobbin seated properly???
Needle facing the right direction??
Try dental floss- unwaxed- to clean your tension discs.
For your bobbin, use a fine pin & make sure there isn't any lint under the 'spring' in the bobbin case.
Are your feed dogs engaged or 'dropped'??
These are the usual suspects for thread nests. Someone else may have better ideas than mine for troubleshooting. Good luck

sewverybusy

(in reply to spadekevin)
Post #: 2
RE: Sewing machine doing weird stitches - 6/19/2018 8:54:39 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

My aunt used to borrow my grandmothers portable singer... every single time she returned it this would be the state of affairs... thread nests... my grandmother was a saint I would never have let her borrow it in the first place....
So one day it is sewing just fine and then next time you use it thread nests??? so what has changed??? once you have thoroughly cleaned it - I have a tiny woodworking brush it looks like a mascara brush that can really help - Lee Valley online has a catalogue if there is no such shop near your location. Obviously you cant use mascara brush unless it has been thoroughly cleaned... don't use air dust buster thing like for electronics it will push lint further into the bowels of the machine. Might be the thread... not sure how you would adjust tension to go from a very fine thread to upholstery type thread... have you sewn fake fur type hairy fabric or fleece... if you have more than one machine do you have the correct bobbin... I only have Janome machines so no chance of using the singer bobbin in the Janome... all else fails haul it into the shop for service... sometimes the tune up price is worth your sanity... time = money...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to sewverybusy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Sewing machine doing weird stitches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy