Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

For Embird Users

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> For Embird Users Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For Embird Users - 6/23/2018 6:48:03 PM   
Penny Hal

I have a question for any Embird18 users...How do you set the default hoop size so that the default aways opens? It has an option to set a hoop size for the program to save the designs as far as I can figure out. Every time I open the program now, I have to reset the hoop size.

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: For Embird Users - 6/26/2018 8:01:52 PM   
Penny Hal

It took me two days to figure it out. Had to create a custom hoop and somewhere I checked not to adjust hoop to design size. But then, the hoop showed up on the Manager screen too. I got rid of it...but have no idea just what I did to do that. I was just clicking on everything to see what would happen. I'm not very happy with this new version. Does have some nice new features...but an awful lot of trouble using it.

Penny

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: For Embird Users - 6/26/2018 8:29:03 PM   
caaguirre

Sorry I had no answer for you, I haven't updated to 2018 yet. Glad you worked it out and in the future you might consider joining a Yahoo group called AbsolutelyEmbird@yahoogroups.com (I hope this is the link) They are very knowledgeable about the whole program and have answered all questions I've seen posted. I'm pretty sure they have a Facebook page too but I'm not a part of that.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 3
RE: For Embird Users - 6/27/2018 12:56:09 PM   
Penny Hal

Thanks, Carol!

I've joined Embird101 and AbsolutelyEmbird Groups, and they are very helpful. I think the Group owners comment on both lists.

With the increase in options, I find that it takes me more time to do what I want to do. I find myself havimg to trudge through more menus to get to the option I want. Or maybe I'm just getting old and not adjusting to the new technology. Or maybe Embird has evolved to be a too sophisticated a program for my needs.

I love Embird, but I sure wish there was a detailed manual that went with it. Sometimes the Help Menu just doesn't give enough detail.

Penny

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: For Embird Users - 6/27/2018 10:01:23 PM   
caaguirre

I agree with you 100% about wishing for a manual. I have found some videos on YouTube that are helpful and Embird does have those tutorials but I have a hard time understanding them too. I wait for awhile before buying the latest upgrade since it seems there's always a few bugs to work out in the beginning, but now it's been out for so long it's past time for me to get it. Not happy to hear it's more difficult but I'll bite the bullet anyway.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 5
RE: For Embird Users - 7/7/2018 1:00:40 PM   
Penny Hal

I finally found "don't adjust hoop size to design" function. Took me forever to figure that out.

Penny

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> For Embird Users Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll