Oh, my, gosh, Penny!! I certainly wouldn't want to go through all of that .
I might have a situation now, though --
I took the dress to Jo-Ann's (the store I needed to go to is about a 45-minute drive) because I wanted them to be aware of what happened with the blue Kona. After all, I'm sure I'm not the only person who buys that color. I told a couple of the women the whole sordid details, even showed them the photo of the sink full of blue water, but didn't ask for anything; I told them I just wanted to let them know about it. The woman, whom I'll presume was the more senior employee, told the other woman to give me three yards of the main fabric as replacement and to write on my receipt that I was to be refunded for the two yards of blue Kona! I was surprised at this and thankful for the consideration! I think it may have helped that all the patriotic fabric is now 70% off the original price . Anyway, I did more shopping (the snuggle flannel is 40% off right now , plus they have some good coupons that expire today), then I headed off.
I decided to stop at Walmart on the way home and purchase some Biz--after all, as has been said, what have I got to lose?? The dress has been soaking in Biz and warm water for about two hours as of this time. The water is, once again, quite a pretty color of blue! That being said, when I checked the dress just a few minutes ago it appears that the bleeding is coming out!!! This dress might actually be saved!! Woohoo!!
BUT--I received new fabric and a refund from Jo-Ann's. Do I go back and pay for that fabric if the dress is now all right? Or, do I account for the aggravation, the money spent on Color Catcher sheets, detergent and water/electricity, the Biz, plus the gas and time for the round-trip drive to Jo-Ann's and just call it even??? What say y'all????