Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

OT: Opinions on this card please...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT: Opinions on this card please... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 4:21:46 PM   
mizzlilly

I made this card for a very poised young lady as a grade eight graduation card. But I’m just not sure that it looks right as a graduation card. What do you think? Be honest please...I haven’t written in the inside of it yet (can’t think, brain dumb, inspiration won’t come, bum ink, dumb pen, best wishes, amen...that was all I could come up with last night....decided to sleep on it and am still struggling! I’m sure I’m overthinking again!) so I can always just put this one in the card stash and save it for another time. There are quite a few new cards in my smugmug album if anyone cares to look! Just had nasty gum surgery a week ago...and found out my BP is too low...explains my lack of energy and diminished productivity...an understatement to be sure! Anyway, enough palaver!

[ImageImage]

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/
Post #: 1
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 4:22:20 PM   
mizzlilly

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 6:05:10 PM   
MoDo

I'm sorry, MizLilly, but I don't think I understand what I'm seeing in the photo. Is that an envelope behind a card? Or is it all one card? It's very pretty .

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 6:25:12 PM   
mizzlilly

Yes, sorry...card and envelope.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 7:07:11 PM   
caaguirre

It's so enjoyable browsing through your beautiful cards, that machine is certainly another source of creativity for you. I like the card just as it is, "Congratulations" is the sentiment intended and that's what it conveys, no mortarboards or diplomas needed IMHO.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 8:48:51 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Oh my, what beautiful cards!! You have created your very own card shop!! I really like the graduation card and a personal message on the inside will convey your wishes for her continued success. (Your little rhyme made me chuckle!!) I'm so sorry to hear about your health problems. Your dental surgery sounds dreadful and painful. Hope your blood pressure is improved and you are feeling better. How is Paddy doing? And progress on the renovation? Hope that will be complete soon...can't wait to see your wonderful new studio!!

Barbara

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 6/30/2018 10:57:30 PM   
DDinDFW

Beautiful! Use it. Feel better soon.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 7
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/1/2018 11:18:26 AM   
Nananeva

Such lovely cards! It is nice that you can create these, since your sewing room is unavailable now. Love to learn how the construction is proceeding. Like Barbara, I too am curious how Paddy is doing. You were planning to change his sleeping area so his night time activity wouldn't wake you. Did it work?

< Message edited by Nananeva -- 7/1/2018 11:19:39 AM >

Neva

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/1/2018 2:08:48 PM   
Penny Hal

This card does not seem to fit for graduation. I think a graduation card needs to scream, not whisper. It is a beautiful card and I'm sure you'll find other uses for it. I love seeing your work. You are so very talented and creative.

Penny

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 9
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/1/2018 2:44:44 PM   
mizzlilly

Thanks girls! I will go ahead and use that card! Paddy...well, he’s about the same. I tried him on some hemp oil to treat his sleep disorder and at first it seems to be working...but the consensus is that it isn’t working after all. ☹️ It can be difficult to assess the success of any treatment because how much we hear, is also impacted by his position in his crate, and that varies from night to night.

Our project is coming along, but more slowly than expected. 😒 Most of the electrical is in...next we have the heated floor going in, and the upgrading of the electrical panel. After that I think it’s the spray foam insulation. Strange as it sounds, the room is smaller than expected...in most cases by a few inches here and there, but the knee wall is a lot shorter than expected, which has complicated things.

Once everything is finished we will be able to make Paddy a place to sleep in what is currently known as the blue sewing room. I’m hoping he will behave if given a bed to sleep on in there...a people bed since he doesn’t like dog beds. If he is destructive with the bed, linens, furniture, etc. We will have to keep everything at a minimum and just have him sleep on the floor. Gnocchi is visiting this weekend so he is enjoying that. It’s hot as hades here though. 93 F. But feels like 108F with the humidity factored in. Too hot to do anything!

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 10
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/2/2018 10:22:34 AM   
Pat C.

Card is beautiful and the fact that it was created by you, makes it even more special. Use it. Gum surgery is the pits! Been there/done that. Not pleasant at all, but sometimes necessary and results are worth it. Feel better soon.

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 11
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/4/2018 1:15:15 PM   
Penny Hal

I was hoping that there was a remedy for Paddy's problem. It's such a helpless feeling to see Paddy having such a problem and no solution for it. He'd probably love his new bed...if there was a person sleeping on it!

Penny

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 12
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/8/2018 10:39:04 AM   
JR

Lillian, you do a beautiful job on your cards!! I'm sure the young lady will treasure it!!
I wasn't sure you still had Paddy. So sorry he is still having some issues!!
Is the room almost finished??

JR
PS: Did you see Brother and BabyLock are coming out with a new top of the line machine??

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 13
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/10/2018 2:20:15 PM   
mizzlilly

Thanks...of course we still have Paddy! I’ve changed my mind again...I think the hemp product does help. Reducing the severity of the thrashing problem is as good as it’s going to get I’m sure. No full solution.

I hadn’t heard about the new machines! Any link where I can learn more? I looked around online but didn’t see anything.

Thursday they are changing over the electrical panel...so no hydro here all day. Then comes the heated floor and the insulation...still need the windows and then the finishing and then the cabinet maker comes in.

As part of the renovation they increased the size of the ductwork in the furnace room. Our house is basically three room widths across...and the outer third on the west has been underserved ever since the ducts were rerouted when we finished the basement. Too hot in the summer, too cool in the winter. The new ductwork has made a world of difference! Bonus!

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 14
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/10/2018 3:39:13 PM   
caaguirre

Yay for progress and efficient ductwork. Sounds like things are coming along nicely. Didn't know they had hemp products for animals, I've been trying an oil product made from hemp (with all the bad stuff removed so there's no mind altering) as a pain reliever and it's helped somewhat. I just need to remember to apply it daily.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 15
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/10/2018 3:45:33 PM   
mizzlilly

I’m taking a similar oil,product to you Carol, but mine is taken orally. It’s helping me too. I’d like to try Paddy on the same one I’m taking, but vets are not allowed to prescribe it.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 16
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/11/2018 9:03:02 AM   
JR

Lillian and Carol what CBD oil are you using?? Trying to figure out which would be the best for my arthritis.
Sounds like the new duck work is really working. I know you are ready for that room to be finished!!

JR

(in reply to mizzlilly)
Post #: 17
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/11/2018 9:58:03 AM   
Nananeva

I received card from my BabyLock dealer announcing the new machine. Fabulous bonus items worth $4000 if you make a small deposit on it now through Aug 15th. Of course it doesn't state how much $$$ it will be. Have only had my Destiny II for 16 months, so not interested.

Neva

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 18
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/11/2018 11:42:16 AM   
Linda S.

Lillian, Your card is beautiful and the matching envelope really sets it off! May I ask how you
got the outside frame? Was this a purchased card or did you punch that opening to make
the pretty frame (top layer)?

I've been experimenting with pastels, so I could have a little color in the background for my
pressed flower greeting cards. Have always thought they lacked a little something, and I'm
pleased with the results. I worried the chalk (artist pastels) would smear, but with a light
spritz of fixer it's stuck fast to the cardstock. These pastels are really fun to work with...
lots of possibilities.

But I love the look of the shaped frame around your cards. You do amazing work!

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 19
RE: OT: Opinions on this card please... - 7/11/2018 10:02:08 PM   
caaguirre

The product I'm using is called CBD Daily Soothing Serum. It's a pump spray bottle and I use one pump for my lower back and one pump split for both knees every 12 or 24 hr depending on the pain level. CBD comes in 3 types, one a cream, this one, and I can't remember the other one. I buy it from my hairdresser of all places and she recommended the pump. She started selling it because it worked wonders for her as she deals with pain and swelling from being on her feet all day. I saw it on Amazon too. Mizlilly, in America it's not a prescription drug because all of the mind altering stuff has been removed. Well, I should say none of the creams/liquids require a scrip, oral products I don't know.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT: Opinions on this card please... Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy