Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Embroidery module cover

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Embroidery module cover Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Embroidery module cover - 6/30/2018 4:51:03 PM   
vjm

I am looking for ideas for a cover for my Bernina 880 embroidery module only...not a cover for the module attached to the machine. I always store the module when not in use. I finally found a case with a shelf that is wide enough and deep enough to accommodate the module. That thing is huge. It had been stored in the original box hidden under the pool table but the pool table is finally out of my sewing room. Hurray. When looking for ideas online, all I see are covers for the sewing machine with the module attached.

There is a free pattern for the 830 cover. My first thought was to just use the part of the pattern that has the module cover and add another strip of fabric where the module and machine covers meet. However, the module for the 880 seems to be larger and I am terrible at drafting patterns with odd angles.

I have a few other ideas bouncing in my head but any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

VJM and her two Westies, Shayla and Chelsea
Post #: 1
RE: Embroidery module cover - 6/30/2018 7:28:46 PM   
caaguirre

I don't have a Bernina 880 but I looked online at the module. Do you think a rectangle big enough to enclose the module would work? I'm envisioning a padded pillowcase type envelope with either some kind of closure on the end or a flap. Or you could add sides around a rectangle as in a boxed cushion such as this one: http://www.designsponge.com/2012/01/upholstery-basics-boxed-cushion-sewing.htm To simplify my answer - It looks too difficult to try to make a pattern to fit around all those parts when a simple rectangle with or without a bottom would fit. Good luck in creating something practical and pretty.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to vjm)
Post #: 2
RE: Embroidery module cover - 7/1/2018 9:32:33 AM   
vjm

Thanks, Carol. I am leaning towards a boxed cover. It's simple enough, serves its purpose and will look nice. I think I will use a foam such as Borsal or Annie's Soft and Stable instead of batting to give it more structure.

VJM and her two Westies, Shayla and Chelsea

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Embroidery module cover - 7/1/2018 2:13:20 PM   
Penny Hal

I'm surprised that with the price you pay for one of those machines that an appropriate cover did not come with it. Be it as it may, I'd go with a boxed cover too. I'm not familiar with Soft and Stable, but if it is linty, I'd line it too.

Penny

(in reply to vjm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Embroidery module cover Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy