Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

My husbands skin cancer

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My husbands skin cancer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My husbands skin cancer - 7/17/2018 11:03:58 AM   
LindaTX

Ardis got his lesion on his forehead removed yesterday. Today, I will get aftercare supplies to keep it cleaned, bandaged & etc. Lord, give me the strength to deal with this stubborn man that I love.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/
Post #: 1
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 7/17/2018 2:12:36 PM   
caaguirre

Oh Linda, you're in a large company of people dealing with stubborn loved ones. I'll be praying about this too.

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 2
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 7/17/2018 6:47:34 PM   
MoDo

\@/

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 7/18/2018 3:01:38 PM   
Chris Lyon

Unfortunately, once you've had one you seem to develop them on a regular schedule. Prayers for strength. This may become an ongoing test of love and endurance.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 8/17/2018 8:53:51 PM   
LindaTX

UPDATE: Ardis had to go to a Mohs surgeon and get more skin removed from his head because the biopsy came back positive for basal cell carcinoma. The Mohs surgeon removed a lot of skin and tissue. I have to clean and bandage him twice a day now. He has a four-inch long incision in his head with lots of stitches. He has had swelling and pain. I can't stand to see him so miserable. We are both very tired from all of this.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 5
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 8/17/2018 11:47:57 PM   
Nananeva

My husband had a surgery of the same type several years ago. Yes, he had put of seeing the doctor until it became quite large and deep. These stubborn men! The swelling went down into his eyes and face, looked terrible! Keep up your courage, it just takes a lot of care and patience. He went to the doctor on a regular basis from then on, with no holding back.

Neva

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 6
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 8/18/2018 12:24:25 PM   
Chris Lyon

I had the Mohs procedure once right beneath my eye. It really looked pretty ghastly, much to the delight of my then 4 year old grandson. It didn't hurt that much, but it was visually quite dramatic. Now I go in every 6 months on my doctor's recommendation. He always finds something to freeze off (pre-cancer), and I am grateful that they don't any further. From a strictly economic standpoint it is cheaper to go get them frozen off every 6 months than to have the full Mohs done less often. I know men can be difficult when it comes to regular health care, but you might try the economic savings approach.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 7
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 8/19/2018 10:49:35 PM   
NormaK

Praying!

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 8
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 9/16/2018 4:26:47 PM   
NormaK

Linda, how are you and your husband faring?

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 9
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 9/17/2018 11:20:33 AM   
LindaTX

I still clean and bandage the wound twice a day. It looks pretty good now. He is healing nicely with no sign of infection. He goes back to the doctor on the 24th. I'm hoping that he doesn't need as much wound care. We have to work on our schedules for a good time. Thursdays are the most difficult because I leave early in the morning and come home at around 9 pm. This irritates both of us, but we know that it has to be done and done right.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 10
RE: My husbands skin cancer - 9/19/2018 7:12:12 PM   
NormaK

Thanks be to God that he is healing well without infection!

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> My husbands skin cancer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy