Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Prayers for Peter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for Peter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Prayers for Peter - 7/18/2018 3:10:33 PM   
Chris Lyon

Please remember my boy, Peter. He has been in county jail for over 2 years on a capital murder charge. Two months ago they accepted a plea bargain for voluntary manslaughter. I don't think he could have gotten anything better, and I am very grateful that I don't have to be a witness in a murder trial. All of that being said, his sentencing hearing is tomorrow, July 19th. Please pray that the judge will look with compassion on the circumstances of the situation. Peter made a horrible choice in how he reacted to an intolerable situation. What he did was wrong, but his reasons were, at least in his limited experience, justified at the time.
Post #: 1
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/18/2018 6:09:51 PM   
Bobette

Father God, I lift up Peter to you and ask that the judge will take all things into consideration before deciding a sentence. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 2
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/18/2018 7:06:42 PM   
DDinDFW

Prayers for Peter.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 3
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/19/2018 7:56:50 AM   
gillie

Prayers for you and Peter.

Gillie

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 4
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/19/2018 12:19:40 PM   
LindaTX

I’m very relieved that the charges against him were reduced to Manslaughter.
Punishment for Capital Murder is either life in prison or the death penalty.
I’m assuming that this all happened in Texas because those charges look like what is in the Texas Penal Code.
I think that most parents have been horrified at what our children have done at least a few times.
My girls were pretty bratty at times.
I’m praying for you and your son.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 5
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/19/2018 5:42:36 PM   
caaguirre

How did it go, Chris?

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 6
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/19/2018 10:27:36 PM   
Chris Lyon

We are in California. Peter was 23 when he committed this crime, and he was looking at 35 years to life for capital murder. Under the circumstances I doubt that they would have gotten a conviction on that, but I also doubt that he would have gotten anything less than voluntary manslaughter. He is not my biological son, but a child I have picked up along the way. His mother is disabled and in a care facility, and the rest of his family has abandoned. I drove into town for the sentencing this morning, but apparently the public defender was in trial. The judge agreed to postpone the sentencing until August 6, so I will have to do it all again then. I have to say that it is very hard to see him brought into court with his hands shackled.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 7
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/20/2018 12:09:58 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Lord have mercy praying that they take into consideration good behaviour time served etc etc

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 8
RE: Prayers for Peter - 7/20/2018 4:14:46 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you for the update, sounds like you'll be on pins and needles for a few weeks yet. God bless you all and His will be done.

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 9
RE: Prayers for Peter - 8/1/2018 12:03:48 AM   
NormaK

Praying!
Norma

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 10
RE: Prayers for Peter - 8/6/2018 1:18:55 PM   
Chris Lyon

Peter had his sentencing hearing this morning. I am disappointed, but not surprised, that the judge gave him the full 16 years. The judge did say that there were no winners in this situation, and he did have some sympathy for Peter's choice of action. His concluding comment was that Peter had other alternatives. Knowing more than the judge did about the reality of the situation, I would agree that there was another alternative. But I am saying that as an older, more experienced adult. Seeing that alternative would be beyond the ability of most, and certainly beyond Peter's ability at 23. Be that as it may, we are where we are. One man is dead and another will be paying a high price for what he believed was the only honorable thing he could do. Now I am asking you to pray that Peter's placement within the California prison system will be close enough that I can visit him on some sort of regular basis.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 11
RE: Prayers for Peter - 8/6/2018 8:17:41 PM   
DDinDFW

Prayers that this situation is the best possible.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 12
RE: Prayers for Peter - 8/6/2018 10:32:43 PM   
caaguirre

Both of you are in my prayers.

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 13
RE: Prayers for Peter - 8/10/2018 5:56:37 PM   
NormaK

Still praying.

Norma

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for Peter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy