Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

New Premie Granddaughter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Smocking >> New Premie Granddaughter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Premie Granddaughter - 9/11/2018 2:14:38 PM   
imabsktldy

My granddaughter was born on Sunday at 30 weeks. She is going to be in the NICU for a while but is doing great for being that early. I want to smock her a premie bishop but need suggestions for a pattern. Please let me know any suggestions you have. Your prayers are appreciated also. Her name is Phoebe and she was 3 lbs 6 oz and she is already breathing on her own with no assistance.
Thanks,
Elaine in AL
Post #: 1
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/11/2018 3:15:15 PM   
Grammie

Try the SAGA website for Wee Care gowns, or...

http://www.smocking.com/infantdaygownpreemie-3mo.aspx

This is a nice pattern that I have made in the past.

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to imabsktldy)
Post #: 2
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/11/2018 4:53:16 PM   
caaguirre

Congratulations on the new baby, I'm sure you'll make something fabulous for her.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/11/2018 5:45:35 PM   
Nananeva

Congratulations on the new baby! There is a pattern from Jeannie Baumeister, The Old Fashioned Baby. It is Baby's Smocked Layette. Size Infant & 3-6 months. It is simply precious. A touch of smocking on the front and the sleeves, but easy! Includes a slip and bonnet....

Am adding a link to this: https://www.oldfashionedbaby.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=256

< Message edited by Nananeva -- 9/12/2018 12:22:10 PM >

Neva

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/11/2018 8:09:40 PM   
Nananeva

Ha ha, I just deciphered your forum name. Love it!

Neva

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 5
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/12/2018 10:20:15 AM   
KarenVA

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!! Phoebe is such a pretty name--I bet just as she is!! I have no help for outfits, but I'm saying prayers that she grows and thrives with so much love lavished on her!!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/12/2018 11:56:09 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Congrats on the new baby Phoebe - because of her size and how early she is her skin is very very delicate I would plan on a 3monh size and focus on Christmas - meanwhile there is a smocked nightie long sleeved which you could make into a closed drawstring gown to keep her little legs warm. https://www.google.ca/search?q=smocked+baby+nightgown+pattern+grace+knott&rlz=1T4TSCA_enCA428CA428&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=EwKkDLoMWfZV9M%253A%252CqkZOr1j81gBrFM%252C_&usg=AFrqEzebum2uhDzevi8SwalIMCRX6SsUJw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiilK-l97XdAhXIHDQIHaWDCqkQ9QEwAHoECAAQBA#imgrc=EwKkDLoMWfZV9M:

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 7
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/12/2018 4:50:12 PM   
vpenner

Congratulations on your new granddaughter!! Have you tried looking at the Wee Care gowns. I think there are some patterns in old Australian Smocking and Embroidery issues. If you don't have any of those, there a some here: https://www.smocking.org/weecare_program.php

Mother to James (37), Sarah (35), Aaron (33), Adam (30) and David (28)

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 8
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/12/2018 5:56:03 PM   
DDinDFW

So happy Phoebe is doing well. Prayers that it continues and she's home soon.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 9
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/19/2018 12:44:02 PM   
Linda S.

Congratulations!!! So very happy for your little blessing!

I have some very nice patterns for preemies of every size, but since I don't smock (not
for many moons!) I don't have patterns especially for that.

But if you would be interested in modifying to just add the smocked area, I'd be happy
to share what I have.

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 10
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/19/2018 10:57:11 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Welcome to the forum...hope you will visit often. Welcome also to your wee Phoebe. I hope she will continue to do well and soon be home so you can cuddle her! The suggestions for smocking you received are excellent and I would like to suggest this one: https://www.etsy.com/listing/473559427/prince-and-princess-preemie-diaper-set?ref=related-7 It isn't smocked but it is delightful. Kathy is a very talented lady and she is a member of this forum. All of her creations are adorable. She does have a really cute smocked diaper cover you may like , too.

Barbara

(in reply to Linda S.)
Post #: 11
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/20/2018 9:56:14 PM   
MoDo

Don't smock, but want to send congratulations on the new granddaughter! Enjoy every moment with her!!

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 12
RE: New Premie Granddaughter - 9/21/2018 1:38:20 AM   
Janice

Elaine, I was anticipating the same situation, but fortunately our baby made it to 38 weeks. But in preparation I made a few of Ginger Snaps Preemie Isolette Diaper Shirts. NICU nurses love these because they give quick and easy access to the monitors the babies wear. The patterns are at least as small as 3 lbs. and work up to 6 lbs. all in the same pattern. I was grateful she did not need them, but wanted her to have something more than the hospital garments. [image]I can't figure out how to include a photo here, but you can see them on my blog here and also here Nancy Coburn of Ginger Snaps designs has several bishop books that include preemie patterns. Good luck and prayers for your precious granddaughter.

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Smocking >> New Premie Granddaughter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message