Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

heirloom bonnet tutorial

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> heirloom bonnet tutorial Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/14/2018 3:56:21 PM   
Janice

My latest Brother project and tutorial, Lacey Heirloom Bonnet, has just been posted on their blog, Stitching Sewcial. This is a modification of the bonnet pattern that came with the pattern for the my Classic Sewing sew-along. This project includes two free designs, one tiny flower.pes and one "My Custom Stitch" zig zag feather stitch for Brother machines with this feature. Take a look and please leave a comment on the blog. I would really appreciate it.

http://blog.brothersews.com/heirloom/lacey-heirloom-bonnet/

Attachment (1)

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com
Post #: 1
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/14/2018 4:27:01 PM   
Grammie

So very sweet - oh, how I wish i had a family member who loved bonnets as much as I do! Maybe I'll have to make it for my great-granddaughter's "hope chest"!

Just lovely, Janice.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 2
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/14/2018 5:42:17 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you, I bought that pattern so I can use it to try to create the beautiful dress in your original lessons. Now I can try the bonnet too!

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/14/2018 9:00:13 PM   
SewLynn

Such a sweet little bonnet!

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/15/2018 8:16:14 AM   
KarenVA

Everything you make is beautiful, Janice!! Thank you for sharing this!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 5
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/15/2018 1:22:19 PM   
Penny Hal

I am always amazed at your creations! This is just a fantastic bonnet! I love your custom stitch. It is really pretty!

Penny

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 6
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/15/2018 8:00:00 PM   
MoDo

That is gorgeous!!

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 7
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/20/2018 12:31:00 AM   
Janice

Ladies, you are all so kind! When I struggle with one thing or another while sewing, I think, "They are going to find out that I am a fraud! I am incompetent!" But you always bolster me up with your sweet words. I'm so glad you like the bonnet. It was a sew 'n rip 'n sew'n rip project as I figured out one thing and another after many tries. It was hugely frustrating to have my computer be totally uncooperative, almost unusable for days. Then my dear husband, uninstalled and reinstalled every program. That took two more days, while I was chomping at the bit to get the step-by-step tutorial written. But it was satisfying to see it done. Thank you again for your ever encouraging words.

Janice

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 8
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/20/2018 9:18:33 AM   
KarenVA

LOL People who don't sew/embroider/quilt never think of all that goes on "behind the scenes"!! They think the beautiful creation magically happens! I love that you share your frustrations with us--we all can relate to and learn from each other's "I Love Lucy" moments!!

I'm sorry you had computer problems!! Hugs for your husband for helping you solve them!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 9
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/27/2018 1:22:27 AM   
Janice

Thanks, Karen. You are so right about people having no idea what goes into a project. A dear friend of mine made a fabulous quilt with beautifully embroidered blocks and an intricate piecing pattern for her new nephew. When she gave it to the mother at a family gathering, she casually replied, "Well, of course it is nice. I'm sure it was easy. She has that machine that does everything." grrr.... My husband is just fabulous, in every way. Without his help I would be in big trouble!

Janice

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 10
RE: heirloom bonnet tutorial - 9/27/2018 10:14:20 AM   
SewLynn

Oh, how sweet is that little bonnet!! Beautiful embroidery.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> heirloom bonnet tutorial Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy