Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

How 'healthy' is this forum?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> How 'healthy' is this forum? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 2:06:28 PM   
Nananeva

Our membership is supposed to be 2838 ?? members. Yet there is only a small number who participate. The forum indicates there are over 600 active members. Still, there is only a small number who participate. I wonder how much it is due to posting photos. (I have never been successful adding a photo.) Here is an invitation to go to the MARTHA PULLEN FORUMS FAN CLUB on Facebook. Let's get it active! I just posted a photo of a baby quilt, hope you enjoy seeing it.

Without the push from Martha Pullen's heirloom business, her classes and clinics, and the now out-of-print Sew Beautiful magazine, interest in this group is waning. The Classic Sewing Magazine has replaced Sew Beautiful, and their Facebook pages are full of supporters. Our sewing machine companies have their own Fb pages, groups, or blogs. Facebook is easy to use, extremely friendly. If you have a question with sewing, or with your machines, you can get help in minutes.

This past two weeks have been very inactive on our forum. There are not enough people participating! Can we have some discussion about this? Any opinions? I fear our group is becoming too small to be viable.

< Message edited by Nananeva -- 10/21/2018 9:41:42 PM >

Neva

Post #: 1
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 2:25:38 PM   
Grammie

I have worried about the same problem, Neva. But I am loathe to let this one go...call it nostalgia!

I find we still get responses from the "old" members so it is worth continuing but I do wonder how long this will last.

I just cannot make myself join Facebook - mostly because I am so very irritated at the abuse of that site by my family members. Probably I should try it...sigh.

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 2
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 2:33:09 PM   
Nananeva

I know how you feel Grammie, but it may be the method by which we keep contact with our Forum friends. Shirley set up the Facebook page thinking we might lose the MP Forum. Think we will be thankful she did!

Neva

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 3:30:55 PM   
newmexicomama

I don't write often but love to hear from everyone here. I'm always interested in with everything you are doing. I don't do facebook at all. Too many hacks that use your information.
Please keep this site open.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 4
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 4:11:06 PM   
Nananeva

We need more active members, posting about their projects, etc. I have wondered many times of the firm responsible even knows it is still functioning.

Neva

(in reply to newmexicomama)
Post #: 5
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 5:48:59 PM   
Bea

I don't post but I visit this page often.......I love seeing what the talented ladies on this site are making. I hope it doesn't go away.
Bea

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 8:43:21 PM   
Pat C.

This is still my all time favorite forum. Most of what I've learned about embroidery since I got my Bernina in 1999, I learned here. Don't do as much sewing/embroidering as I used to, but I check in here regularly to see what others are doing. We need Mizlilly to get her sewing studio up and running. She always had lots of fun/exciting stuff going on:) I keep up with Shirley and Sewlynn on Face book, but don't feel the same asking a questing on FB.

(in reply to Bea)
Post #: 7
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 9:47:08 PM   
Nananeva

Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=martha%20pullen%20forum%20fan%20club

Neva

(in reply to Pat C.)
Post #: 8
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 10:25:04 PM   
SewLynn

I've been stopping by regularly since I joined over 18 years ago. I'll be here as long as there's a "here" to go to.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 9
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/21/2018 11:54:27 PM   
Nananeva

I am NOT leaving either though it is becoming very inactive. I have several really great Fb groups that I love to visit. Think I will be keeping closer watch on the MP Forum Fan Club at the same time. Everyone is welcome to do the same!

Neva

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 10
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 12:13:12 AM   
MoDo

Inactive?? Must be because I've been busy with my jewelry appraisal course . Once I finish up I'll be here constantly bothering y'all as I make my DGD's Christmas dress .

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 11
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 6:17:41 AM   
cnagle957

I may not post often, but I visit here every day.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 12
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 6:25:56 AM   
Daylily430

I found this forum in 2006 and have been following since. For me, the greatest obstacle is the cumbersome way in which photos are uploaded. The notes I have recommend e-mailing the photo to myself, saving that photo and then it will be the correct size for uploading. If there is an easier way, I’m ready to try it. 😊

About three years ago, I joined FB after learning there were lots of groups for machine embroidery. That opened quite the Pandora’s box! I’ve taken a digitizing course specific to my software and belong to a “couple” of other embroidery/quilting groups as well. I’ve learned a lot, and seen so many creative ideas!

If you are on FB, Embroidery MOM with a Nadine Willis Knecht is a group I would highly recommend.

Ellen
Blog www.seamsandfinishes.com

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 13
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 7:25:38 AM   
aussie

Sometimes it just doesn't seem to get the activity and then sometimes it goes bananas. I don't post a lot as I think these ladies do fancier sewing than I do. Mine is all charity work and they seem to make these beautiful dresses, etc. I love to look at their projects for sure. My problem is all the spam that comes in and do these people have access to our email addresses? I know my spam folder is getting almost 30 hits a day and some of it is pure filth. Always someone to ruin a nice thing. FB is not something I enjoy even getting on. I have an account, never look at it, and avoid all FB activity. It seems way too time consuming. People love it, but I don't want to spend my day on this computer. I will stick around until the door closes.

Carol NW Oh

(in reply to Daylily430)
Post #: 14
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 9:15:31 AM   
vjm

I am not a fan of FB.

VJM and her two Westies, Shayla and Chelsea

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 15
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 9:52:06 AM   
Joanne

I don’t post often but I visit every morning with my coffee. Not doing much sewing of any kind lately have been on a hand embroidery and crossstitch binge

Joanne

(in reply to vjm)
Post #: 16
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 11:06:56 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

I come 2x a day to check for spam if nothing else and read the new posts

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Joanne)
Post #: 17
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 1:53:55 PM   
Penny Hal

Over the years I've learned new things, how to do things, and what's new. I'd hate to lose this forum, but I too have noticed that participation is not as active as it used to be. Still, this is my favorite and best place for me to get info. I used to be able to post photos, but I can't anymore. I've never found another site where one can get good advice from experienced people so fast.

I don't do Facebook and never will sign up for it. It simply does not appeal to me.

Penny

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 18
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/22/2018 8:38:39 PM   
echoflint

I'm with SewLynn--check almost daily. Don't do FB; I'm usually borrowing time to check in here. I've learned so much
over the years--techniques and tips I still use today-, gotten many laughs, and shared tears and prayers.

I, too, hope it does not go away. So many names from years past are no longer here. Many of you are almost household friends!

I don't post much, but I do read what is going on.

Echo

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 19
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/23/2018 12:46:26 AM   
MoDo

I don't understand the difficulty any of you are having posting photos. Is it that the photo-hosting site you use doesn't cooperate? I use Photobucket (even though I'm often frustrated with them ) and it's easy-peasy to post photos here. I use the Fast Reply box and don't use the forum photo-posting feature. Never had a problem.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to echoflint)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> How 'healthy' is this forum? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy