Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: How 'healthy' is this forum?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 4:16:06 AM   
Bobette

I actually do not do much sewing or machine embroidery anymore. I will be 80 in December. No little grandkids and the college and over ages do not want anything embroidered--no monograms or anything. Still have all my sewing equipment though. None of my friends have ever done machine embroidery. I do some crafting with my Cricut. Also just bought an Instant Pot today--so I'd better get to learning how to use it. Did hard boiled eggs and also steamed little potatoes. It will be a little bit of a learning curve but I think I will like it.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 21
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 9:23:11 AM   
kmroy

I love this forum and all the very special people who post here. I don't do FB and doubt I ever will so I don't see all the post over there about Martha or things going on with those that don't post here. My loss I guess. I appreciate the faithfulness of those that continue to post here and I get inspiration on almost every visit I make to the site. We seem to go through a down time and then when reminded we get back to posting.

Many thanks to all that post.
Kathy

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 22
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 9:35:05 AM   
JR

I read the new post most days but I don't contribute too much anymore!! No one is interested in me trying to learn my Pfaff Icon. (Me either)
Still love to look and see what is going on. Other groups I am on, daily participating has dropped!! Not sure what I do but I seen to never finish
anything! Probably too much time on the the internet. Hubby being here all day does not help either!! Probably cooking more and going to run errands!!

JR

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 23
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 1:20:03 PM   
GinnyUn

Off subject but how is Martha Pullen? Praying for her!

N2Sewin

(in reply to JR)
Post #: 24
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 4:07:27 PM   
rh

Bobette, I have an instant pot slow cooker too. Never put frozen meat in a slow cooker. Meat must be browned first b4 put in slow cooker. I love my instant pot. I get pork chops about 1 1/2 inches thick. I brown the meat in a fry pan then transfer to slow cooker. I add some water and a few spices and put lid on and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. This makes the most tender pork chops ever.

(in reply to GinnyUn)
Post #: 25
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 4:48:22 PM   
caaguirre

I've been trying to make up my mind on the instant pot, do they really do all the things they are supposed to do?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to rh)
Post #: 26
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 7:36:26 PM   
newmexicomama

I love my instant pot. I brown my meat right in the instant pot on saute and then pressure cook it. I've just about tried every meat in it. Makes a delicious roast. After the pressure cooker quits I slow cook the roast until we're ready to eat.

Elaine

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 27
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 8:12:06 PM   
Bobette

I am pretty sure I will really like mine. I searched out some food bloggers and found that you can make angelfood cake (small), banana bead, etc. Obvioius very moist and browning of any kind. People say cheesecake is so moist and smooth. My preference for my Ninja slow cooker will probably remain. Put when you can hard cook eggs in 5 min. after pressure is reached, let stay at pressure and then let them set for 5 minutes in ice bath and be wonderful and very easy to peel--that's a winner for me. The IP was $119 on sale at Sur La Table. I can steam 5 pounds of potatoes in it. Will be great for holiday cooking too.

Didn't mean to turn this original post into an IP item. Hope you will give it a try. The black Friday sale would be a good time to get one.

(in reply to newmexicomama)
Post #: 28
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/25/2018 8:51:13 PM   
Bobette

Ginny - you asked about Marth. I'm sure you know that she did have breast cancer, but is cancer free from it. At that time she gor a blister or something on the bottom of her foot. She is still working on that to heal. She had a hard time not walking on her foot. But the Dr. finally said she had to and put her in a b oot. It has not healed on the outside, but some say she must still stay off of it until it is healed all they in the inside. She just received some lifetime achievement award for her promoting of sewing I believe. Her grandchildren are growing up quickly. Cecil is in NY and studying to become a Dr.. While my kids made me get on Facebook, it does keep you in touch. So many of the digitizers are there as well, And the new Sewing Beautiful magazine.

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 29
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/27/2018 7:43:03 AM   
Bonita

I usually read the forum one to two times a week. I use to post but each time I did there was no reply to my question or comment. I don't feel that my questions were that difficult to respond to
but after a few tries I just felt like there was a "group" and anyone not part of the "group" was not important. So therefore, I only read and don't post anymore.
I been sewing many projects of late since being semi-retired, but just don't feel free to try and post.

Bonita from Southwest WI

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 30
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/27/2018 12:48:25 PM   
mizzlilly

I’m so sorry you had that experience Bonita! I don’t post as much as I used to...my new room has been such a boondoggle. I hope you will give us another chance to answer your questions. I would really love to be able to help you and I know others would as well.

I have done a little on FB lately, but I don’t like the format nearly as well as this. Threads get lost, information sometimes appears multiple times, and harsh words happen rather often and IMHO with no real reason for a kafuffle. I am incognito on FB because of an unbalanced family member (and that’s putting it mildly).

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 31
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/27/2018 12:49:30 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

BONITA - I CLICKED ON YOUR NAME TO SEE and the posts I checked people did respond to you - check the Licensing checked the Nancys Notions - and there was an answer there too so not sure WHERE you posted - the most active place to post is Machine Embroidery - if it has nothing to do with machine embroidery just put OT in the title - off topic ... there is no clique here please post your projects everyone EXCEPT SPAMMERS are welcome here - spam posts are taken down as soon as they are found...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 32
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/31/2018 3:16:17 PM   
tricia.heller

I love this site!!! Check it daily except when traveling. Over the years, have learned so much. Use FB but not well. Please don't let this site die!!!

Tricia

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 33
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 10/31/2018 6:19:15 PM   
Nananeva

I am thinking about Modo telling us she has never had a problem posting photographs. I had Photobucket, which Modo says works for her. Wonder what I was doing wrong? Oh well, I did try.

Neva

(in reply to tricia.heller)
Post #: 34
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/1/2018 5:28:20 PM   
MoDo

Hi Neva--Let's see if I can help with the photo posting. I have copied what a link looks like when copied and pasted straight from Photobucket. It is line #1. Notice the difference between line #1 and line #2. On line #2 I have changed some of the information. Instead of "[IMG]" at the beginning, and "[/IMG]" at the end, image is now spelled out and no longer capitalized. Also, I have removed the "~original" after the .jpg. Not every place you post photos needs these changes, but I found long ago that this forum does. I hope this helps.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 35
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/1/2018 8:56:38 PM   
Nananeva

Thank you, Modo, for this information. But as I said, I HAD Photobucket. I dropped it long ago, and don't know if I really want it again. Will probably come here and see what everyone is doing, but I enjoy Facebook totally. As I said before, it is a connection to my own family, to distant family members and their activities, as well as all the group pages - digitizers, sewing groups, art groups, knitting machine groups, horse groups - that I enjoy. Photos can easily be transferred from my computer, from my phone, from my tablet without Photobucket.

Neva

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 36
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/6/2018 1:18:39 PM   
SusanB

Sad to say, I'm not doing much embroidery right now. When I moved to CO, I got a new PC, then my old version of Artista didn't work, so I had to get an updated version. Between trying to figure out Windows 10 and Artista 7, my old brain has just about given up. I end up on my iPad most of the time and only get on my Mac (which gives me access to the Forum) to do financials.

It's sad to hear that I'm not the only one to have wandered away. This group was a major part of my life for more than 15 years and so many of you were encouraging when I was just learning embroidery, and then digitizing. Thank you all SOOOO much!

I'll try to do better in the future!

< Message edited by SusanB -- 11/6/2018 1:19:22 PM >

SusanB

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 37
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/6/2018 3:01:27 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

So happy to see some of the old timers wander back in to take a peek

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to SusanB)
Post #: 38
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/6/2018 3:36:24 PM   
Fancy Stitches

So nice to see you posting, SusanB. I've missed you...Your Baby's Breath alphabets are still among my favorites!!

Barbara

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 39
RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? - 11/8/2018 2:10:49 PM   
SusanB

What an encouragement, Barbara! Thank you so much.

I have to tell you that Sparkle (Barbara O) was the one who encouraged me to do that alphabet. It was her idea! Thank you Sparkle.

SusanB

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: How 'healthy' is this forum? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy