Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 10/27/2018 9:18:43 AM   
KarenVA

These are a great resource on how to use the stitches on our machines! Libby Lehman did this series of 10 episodes before she had her massive stroke and almost died. I refer to these so often!

After viewing Episode 1--just keep scrolling down to get the next episodes.

https://thequiltshow.com/learn/classrooms/video/latest/name-that-stitch-name-that-stitch-episode-1

< Message edited by KarenVA -- 10/27/2018 9:20:03 AM >

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 1
RE: Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 10/27/2018 11:02:42 PM   
caaguirre

Watched the first one and couldn't stop until I'd seen them all. Thank you for this posting, what a wealth of information even for those of us who have sewn for years. I used to enjoy Libby Lehman on the various quilting shows she guested on and was so sorry about her stroke. I wonder how she's doing now?

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 2
RE: Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 10/28/2018 12:00:14 AM   
Nananeva

KarenVA, thank you for the link. This is new to me, and of course I joined. Like Carol says, "this is a wealth of information even for those of us who have sewn for years."

Neva

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 10/28/2018 7:40:10 PM   
caaguirre

https://thequiltshow.com/102-daily-blog/breaking-news/17776-libby-lehman-update-good-news Found this post from August of this year (I think) so answered my question of how Libby is doing. So glad for the improvement.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 4
RE: Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 11/1/2018 8:34:42 AM   
KarenVA

Carol--that was from 2014. Here's the latest post from March 2018 on the Caring Bridge website:

Libby loves Spring and warm weather

Journal entry by Ellen Askey — Mar 13, 2018

Just a quick update for all those friends and fans of my sister Libby-

Libby is enjoying an excellent quality of life at home with her hubby Lester and son Les. They take such good care of her needs and provide her with enjoyable company, delicious home cooked meals, and fun adventures! Libby enjoys going to their bay house in Port O'Connor some weekends, or sometimes she lets the "boys" go off hunting or fishing while she visits our part of the family in Magnolia, Texas. Pretty soon it will be time to take our annual bluebonnet viewing road trip, which always includes a lunch stop for some excellent barbeque.

Libby and all of our immediate family survived the hurricane season last year with minimal damages, but everyone in the Houston area knows someone (if not personally) who was not so lucky. However, Libby did fall at home and broke her ankle just before hurricane Harvey hit. She later had surgery that has healed nicely, but in the process she experienced some loss in the use of her left leg. She just recently finished a bout of physical therapy which helped her regain some strength but she still needs to have more therapy to try to regain better walking skills. Lester has made appointments for Libby for evaluations and referrals in the coming days, so hopefully, more therapy is on the way!

Today we were riding in the car to join sister Cathy for lunch, and Libby kept admiring the beautiful flowers popping out every where around Houston, especially the azaleas, which seem to be a bumper crop this year. I guess all the rain we had was good for fauna and flora, but quite a few Houstonians are understandably hesitant to welcome any more water in our neck of the woods as they repair or replace flooded homes. Libby also celebrates in the advent of warmer weather (more than most folks) because she loves to be "toasty", and she will probably be one of the few basking in our soon-to-be very hot and humid summer.

In the meantime, Libby continues to enjoy those TV shows which challenge her mind - like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, and she relishes the victories when she voices the answers before the contestants can get them out. She also plays a mean game of Scrabble and takes in stride the many, many 1,000 piece puzzles which have been given to her - doing a whole puzzle over a weekend.

One of the things we are most grateful for is Libby's enduring and endearing attitude - she never complains and she is always willing to "go with the flow"! She credits God for the miracle of her life and is so Thankful for the quality of life she enjoys with family and friends! We join her in singing His praises and hope that her fans and friends are also enjoying the lives they've been given, one day at a time!
In humble gratitude,
her sister Ellen

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 - 11/1/2018 4:36:18 PM   
caaguirre

Thank you Karen. It sounds like she's doing very well considering how devastating that stroke was. My prayers are with her.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Name That Stitch tutorials 1-10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy