Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Getting rid of designs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Getting rid of designs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 2:21:10 PM   
Penny Hal

I did something the other day that I never thought I'd be doing. I deleted a folder with 60,000+ designs the other day without even looking to see what was in it. I don't miss it at all. They were older designs and not as sophisticated as the more modern ones. I hadn't even look in that folder longer than I can remember. I'm getting ruthless in my old age.

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 2:28:46 PM   
echoflint

Oh, buddy! Is that ever something I need to do! Betcha I look first...

Echo

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 2:36:30 PM   
Gone Sewing 2

good for you....I really could do the same thing

(in reply to echoflint)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 3:29:24 PM   
Fancy Stitches

I should so follow your example, Penny! Maybe a good project for the cold weather after the holidays.

Barbara

(in reply to Gone Sewing 2)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 4:13:38 PM   
Nananeva

I have deleted some older designs over the years. Another thing is to NOT add every free design that is offered online. But no, I can't do it without looking at them first.

Neva

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 6:03:35 PM   
newmexicomama

I've gone through some of my designs and deleted quite a few. Especially the ones with the wide borders and the funky fills. Still have a bunch to go but I'll do it when it gets colder. I have some more sewing to do before I do that. I'm a lot pickier than I used to be about free designs.

Elaine

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/3/2018 6:30:47 PM   
caaguirre

I've been organizing my designs but find it hard to delete many of them since I might "need" them someday. A lame excuse to fill my computer with embroidery, but I am pickier about free designs though.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to newmexicomama)
Post #: 7
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/4/2018 6:19:31 AM   
Joanne

I’ve gottten rid of ALL my designs but not by choice. I have a Mac and was using VMware software. Went to bed one night after using it just fine. Got up the next morning and it was dead. The computer is fine, just the VMware using windows crashed every time I tried to load it. I wasn’t too worried since everything backs up to the cloud. That is until my son told me that the windows program didn’t go to the cloud! Thank heavens for emblib and Sonia showalter who keep a history of my purchased designs. Just realized that all my emb club designs from Martha will be gone too unless my techie son can figure out a way to recover them. Bah humbug

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 8
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/4/2018 2:31:54 PM   
Penny Hal

Well, Joanne, you inspired me to backup my designs on an external hard drive! What a nightmare!

You might be able to take it to a place that retrieves files from a dead computer. I don't know how much it costs, but considering the amount of money I have invested in my designs, it would sure be worthwhile.

Penny

(in reply to Joanne)
Post #: 9
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/4/2018 3:20:04 PM   
caaguirre

Oh Joanne, you experienced my worst nightmare. Thia is why I buy IDrive backup service each year. I used to use an external hard drive but when it broke down I went to IDrive so now I don't worry about it anymore.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 10
RE: Getting rid of designs - 11/4/2018 5:11:38 PM   
GinnyUn

Beware that some designers send hundreds of design formats. I, too, am deleting thousands of formats that don't apply to my system. Alot of work!

N2Sewin

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Getting rid of designs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy