Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/4/2018 7:33:39 PM   
valdiva

A while back, someone posted the awesome Christmas Village set from OESD/EmbOnline. Last I checked it was "semi" on sale for $299. Mmmm.. big investment. Do they have a "Black Friday" sale? Or should I just figure this is my Christmas++ to myself? No where could I find any link for sale alerts. No rush, as I do not think I could even start anything until 2019, so I am willing to wait for the "HUGE Sale..LOL! TIA
Post #: 1
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/4/2018 11:33:18 PM   
caaguirre

I've seen singles of this set come up on sale now and then but with the large number of buildings it might be cheaper to buy them as a set. I think it's Karen who stitches these out so beautifully, maybe she'll have advice for you.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to valdiva)
Post #: 2
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/7/2018 1:43:48 PM   
KarenVA

You will LOVE the Christmas Village, Valdiva!!! I'm like Carol, tho--I bought mine in onesies when there was a $15.00 off coupon. However, the Village is on sale for $299 now--there is also a $15.00 off if you spend $30.00--AND you get the Christmas Wonderland Appliques and Quilting designs free when you spend $79.00. So, it's a good time to treat yourself!!!

This is my latest project:

Attachment (1)

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/7/2018 6:12:28 PM   
valdiva

Thanks..I am looking forward to the project. I had been doing yearly angels for adult nephew/niece families, but maybe time to do a project that I can work on without the time crunch. I will wait until "black Friday"/ cyber Monday, but I have been watching & I doubt it will get lower price.

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 4
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/8/2018 12:54:53 AM   
Fancy Stitches

Karen, your creations are just lovely!!

Barbara

(in reply to valdiva)
Post #: 5
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/12/2018 9:37:39 AM   
Nananeva

I purchased the Christmas Village last week. Am studying the instructions. My question is what fabric are you using in the applique areas? I am thinking of keeping it all in white, but would it be wise to use a satin type shiny fabric? KarenVA, what are you using?

Neva

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 6
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/12/2018 11:52:30 AM   
KarenVA

I hoop two layers of water soluble stabilizer--then follow the design's placement lines. I use quilting cotton white with a subtle snowflake pattern for most of the designs and a cream with a subtle pattern for the signs and the roof. However, I back all of my applique fabric with OESD Stabil Stick cutaway before I lay them on the placement line:
https://www.embdesignstudio.com/products/supplies/stabilizers/stabilstick-cutaway/ It keeps the pieces nice and stiff so the houses aren't flimsy.

This is a nice video to explain using the Stabil Stick:

https://www.embdesignstudio.com/project-hub/embroidery-101/embroidery-techniques/freestanding-applique-tutorial/

< Message edited by KarenVA -- 11/12/2018 11:55:31 AM >

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 7
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/12/2018 3:50:56 PM   
Nananeva

That is a good idea! Thanks for the links you gave. Think I will use Sonia Showalters method of wrapping the hoops to make them hold stabilizer tighter. She is putting a lot of information on her youtube channel. This link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY_CY1RKg5k&t=168s is Sonia telling about it in the first 5 minutes.

< Message edited by Nananeva -- 11/12/2018 3:57:18 PM >

Neva

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 8
RE: OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale - 11/12/2018 4:44:58 PM   
Penny Hal

Thanks, Karen, for all the info. I especially appreciate hearing about the use for Stabil Stick. I never heard of it before. I have so many different stabilizers, but nothing like that! I can see where using that type of cutaway would be convenient.

Penny

(in reply to Nananeva)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT-OESD/EmbOnline Sale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy