Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Give Thanks mantle decoration

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Give Thanks mantle decoration Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 1:07:22 AM   
Janice

Hello, Ladies. My latest tutorial/post in Brother's blog Stitching Sewcial is for a mantle/piano/bookcase Thanksgiving decoration. Mason jars are filled with fairy lights, covered with burlap, embroidered with letters from BES4 and a harvest pumpkin from iBroidery.com. It's a fun and easy project that produces a pretty reminder of the meaning of Thanksgiving. It's so pretty at night with the lights on, but also attractive in the daytime with no lights. This could be a family project with children pulling burlap threads and stuffing the jars with fairy lights. If you like it,I'd really appreciate it if you would please leave a comment on the Brother post. http://blog.brothersews.com/holiday/give-thanks-tutorial/

Attachment (1)

Janice
www.janicefergusonsews.com
Post #: 1
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 1:49:47 PM   
Grammie

That looks lovely, Janice...you continue to amaze me with your production of premium projects!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 5 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 2
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 2:30:58 PM   
KarenVA

Very clever idea, Janice!!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 4:03:00 PM   
Fancy Stitches

WOW!! That's impressive!!

Barbara

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 4
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 6:11:46 PM   
MoDo

What they said!!

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 5
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 7:45:11 PM   
Janice

Thank you, Karen! But it’s not so clever when you have a shelf of empty mason jars (though they wouldn’t work, too round) and yards of burlap you want to a use! But thanks for your sweet words.

Janice

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 6
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 7:47:21 PM   
Janice

Barbara, thanks for liking this. I've really come to enjoy burlap for many projects. That's a long, long way from my favorite Swiss batiste and fine linen!

Janice

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 7
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/5/2018 7:52:54 PM   
Janice

Grammie, thanks for this comment. I never thought of my projects as premium. I'm standing a little taller now after reading your generous comment. P.S. I am just 5' tall so a little taller is just a fraction of an inch. But I appreciate it!

Janice

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 8
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/6/2018 1:27:59 AM   
caaguirre

I tried leaving a comment on the blog but it didn't go through either time. I was wondering if I could make a center back seam and slip the burlap over the jar instead of glueing it onto the jar. I love this project especially since I have a big bag full of burlap scraps. Thanks for the tutorial.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 9
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/9/2018 11:43:18 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Carol there are no rules in sewing - if that burlap can take a seam why NOT???? go for it... those mini light sets will be on the shelves of Walmart they do taiee batteries.. and sometimes they come in non Christmas colours... well you know what I mean in the 50s you never saw purple or turquoise etc as part of the Christmas colour scheme nor fuschia... sadly the jars here are not round - does that matter>>> looked at 2 brands at WM yesterday BERNARDIN and some other brand I never heard of but glass is glass... bought some for jam making

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 10
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/9/2018 7:04:33 PM   
Janice

Carol, all comments are monitored at Stitching Sewcial and require approval before being posted. Sometimes, depending on how busy the moderator is with other responsibilities, it might take two days for a comment to post. Your excellent comment/idea did post and I left this reply: Carol, I really like your idea of seaming the back of the burlap. You could even just use a wide, short 3 step zig zag and butt the edges together. My first thought was glue and, like a pit bull, I held onto that idea, never considering another solution. Sewing the burlap together would be so much easier! Great idea!

Janice

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 11
RE: Give Thanks mantle decoration - 11/10/2018 12:54:07 AM   
caaguirre

Thanks Janice for your answer and I'll have more patience the next time I post to the site.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Janice)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Give Thanks mantle decoration Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy