Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

California Fires

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> California Fires Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
California Fires - 11/9/2018 8:45:27 AM   
NormaK

Please pray for all those affected by the fires in California. I don't know if Chris Lyon is in one of those areas or not.
Post #: 1
RE: California Fires - 11/9/2018 8:59:04 AM   
DDinDFW

So awful. Prayers for all.

Dana, mom of two young men

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 2
RE: California Fires - 11/9/2018 11:27:16 AM   
Chris Lyon

I'm about 20 miles northeast as the crow flies. The fire seems to be moving northwest. There is practically no wind here, and I assume it is pretty much the same there. Unlike last year's fire, there is a lot of "civilization" between me and it, so the chances of it raging through a highly populated area to get back up here are pretty remote. Thank you for your concern and prayers. Anymore they do preemptive evacuations (which is a good thing), so things always sound worse than they really are. Northern California is in much worse shape than we are right now.

< Message edited by Chris Lyon -- 11/9/2018 11:28:09 AM >

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 3
RE: California Fires - 11/9/2018 6:28:22 PM   
NormaK

Thank you very much for letting us know the situation. I am praying for all concerned, as is my Ddil (formerly of Newbury Park/Thousand Oaks).

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 4
RE: California Fires - 11/10/2018 10:49:55 PM   
Chris Lyon

The fire took out our Internet hub, so I have just been able to get back online. I'm hoping it will hold for a while at least. The fire has headed down the coast. It doesn't appear that the Thousand Oaks/Newbury Park area was greatly effected. I will know more tomorrow. This fire, unlike last years Thomas fire, seems to have gotten into more populated areas with a much greater loss of structures. So far I have not heard of any fatalities. Please continue to pray. Some of the people here have had a difficult time recovering psychologically from last years fire, and this is bringing it back to them in very distressing ways.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 5
RE: California Fires - 11/11/2018 7:43:06 AM   
NormaK

I'm glad you're connected again. I've read there were at least 9 who died when the town of Paradise was wiped out; also several on the freeway in their cars. May the Lord have mercy, and also on those who had to deal with last year's fire.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 6
RE: California Fires - 11/17/2018 4:15:43 PM   
LindaTX

Praying for California. My nephew is in Los Angeles and my niece is in Long Beach. I worry about both of them, but the Camp fire is the really horrible one.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> California Fires Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy