Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/15/2018 5:44:33 PM   
MoDo

If so, would you be so kind as to tell me whether the instructions for "The Perfect Puckerless Placket" is really anything new? I hate making plackets, but I hate sewing in zippers even more, so I'm always interested in any help I can get with plackets. If these instructions are truly revolutionary, I might have to schlep on down to the cities to purchase this issue; if they are not anything new, I'll just keep plodding along in the usual way. TIA.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5
Post #: 1
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/15/2018 5:49:55 PM   
Grammie

I don't have that issue yet - waiting impatiently. I hope they haven't messed up my subscription.

I expect the Perfect Placket will be Debbie Glenn's Painless Placket - but it only works with fabrics that do not have a right & wrong side. I use it when I can - love it! Debbie is a genius!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 6 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 54!

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 2
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/15/2018 9:32:13 PM   
MoDo

The notice I received from Classic Sewing says "Make Trisha's Perfect Puckerless Placket". I'm getting better at making plackets, but still have puckers .

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/17/2018 4:38:30 PM   
Bonita

Mo Do, I have received my CS Holiday 2018 issue and the article states that Trisha Smith taught at the Martha Pullen School of Art Fashion for many years.

The article states--These directions are given for a center back skirt placket and a to waist bodice. The cut length is determined by the dress size nd style.

It looks like directions I used when I took a Connie Palmer class and made a placket on a christening gown.

Don't know if this was of any help to you.

Bonita

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 4
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/18/2018 12:45:58 PM   
MoDo

Thanks for the info, Bonita. Guess I'd really have to see it for myself 😐.

(in reply to Bonita)
Post #: 5
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/18/2018 2:07:57 PM   
kmroy

MoDo......do you have the Construction tips video by Connie Palmer? I have one and can't find it at the moment but I googled it and have attached the link below. I hope it works so you can read the detail included in her video. I must say she is the only person/teacher I ever had that made plackets easy. I agree with Bonita that the article in Classic Sewing about the Trisha Smith method sounds similar to Connie's way but when you see Connie do it you GET IT! I also agree that I have to see or watch something to get the hang of tricky techniques.

I wish you lived near Connie as she would gladly demo this for you. Give the link a look. You might find the video on u tube or ebay or such at a better price.

Good luck
Kathy
https://store.marthapullen.com/construction-techniques-made-easy-download

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 6
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/18/2018 6:50:32 PM   
MoDo

No, Kathy, I don't have that video. I've watched a few youtube videos for making plackets, but none that really help much 😔.

(in reply to kmroy)
Post #: 7
RE: Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? - 11/19/2018 11:24:07 AM   
Bonita

MoDo, I sent you a personal email this morning, take a look at it and let me know if you are interested.

Bonita

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Sewing >> Do you have the Classic Sewing Holiday 2018 issue? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy