Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

?????? HELP please

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> ?????? HELP please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
?????? HELP please - 12/27/2018 6:43:35 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

A while ago I bought a reversible black bag at WM - never embroidered it but my regular purse for casual shopping the strap is IFFFY now so I bought
a burgundy suede reversing to leather and am going to put my big girl pants on and embroidery it - so I was thinking Gold or Silver embroidery - thoughts please?? and
what stabilizer would I use... I was thinking perfect stick and stick it to the hoop sideways if my arm on the 500E will allow that... oh and I will rotate the monogram to work with
sideways - any tips??? or suggestions??? if this works I might do the black bag as well Thanks in advance.., because of the $ vs US $ exchange rate I think that I paid $20 and while
it isn't too expensive I sure would not want to screw it up and it ends up being a grocery bag..

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine
Post #: 1
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/27/2018 7:17:05 PM   
valdiva

Can you test the monogram on a similar colored fabric to see how what would be the best color thread to use? This look different to me once I stitch rather than visualize what I want it to look like. An extra step, but gives you time to contemplate! Pictures please when you have finished your stitching. Good luck, more courage than I have!

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 2
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/27/2018 7:38:37 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Just saw a tutorial on how to do it - girl used cut away... opened the whole bag except the bottom seam... made a template... lined her bag... well using leather needle to restitch the bag and a brand new 75/11 embroidery... she didn't put a pocket in it well that wont do... I am going to line it... put a pocket maybe even a zipper... so it can hold my wallet keys... or ??? I did make a bag from scratch and totally made full size zippered hidden pocket and on outside of it did a bunch of slots for a bag to take to sewing class so it had slot for pen - scissors - measuring tape - note book cant remember what all I did... of course you have to give a good deal of the thought to planning.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to valdiva)
Post #: 3
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/28/2018 6:26:46 AM   
KarenVA

Shirley--have you seen Superior Threads metallic rose gold thread? It is just gorgeous--and would look so pretty on burgundy!! Their thread sews perfectly, too. I used it to make an embroidery design book marker--no thread breaks at all.

https://www.superiorthreads.com/metallics-029-rose-gold-mini-cone

"40 wt. metallic thread. Designed for embroidery, quilting, and decorative stitching.
Create beautiful designs with Superior Metallics thread. Available in 25 beautiful colors, including two variegated colors. Use a Superior’s Topstitch #90/14 needle and a reduce the top tension to 1.0 and Superior Metallics is guaranteed to work. What makes Superior Metallics so superior? Not only do we use the finest raw materials to create this beautiful thread, it undergoes special processing to make it vibrant, strong, and smooth."

< Message edited by KarenVA -- 12/28/2018 6:27:19 AM >

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 4
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/28/2018 2:44:44 PM   
Penny Hal

I've used those Superior metallic threads and they do stitch nicely, but I'd certainly try to test it on that type of fabric anyhow. Please post a photo when you are done!

Penny

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 5
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/28/2018 8:01:27 PM   
caaguirre

Can this fabric be hooped successfully? If not, I would use the sticky stabilizer as you suggested. The instructions I've seen for ready made bags embroidered at home have turned the bags inside out and embroidered them that way but if you have pockets, etc on the inside that wouldn't work. Good luck with whatever you decide, I would have to really, really love the bag to go to the trouble of deconstructing and reconstructiing it as that video showed.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 6
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/28/2018 10:26:30 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

The bag is an empty no pockets no zippers just pleather shell... so I was considering embroidery and also lining it - all it has is a magnet round front to back closure - I think either JR or Gwendy did some over a year ago...

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 7
RE: ?????? HELP please - 12/29/2018 7:56:04 AM   
KarenVA

Here's a great tutorial from Urban Threads:

https://www.urbanthreads.com/tutorials.aspx?t=stitching+on+leather

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

Post #: 8
RE: ?????? HELP please - 1/6/2019 12:44:47 PM   
Bobette

Shirley - hope you got your bag finished. I know you stitch and embroidery with Janome machines, but I was told by my Bernina dealer when I bought my machine (years ago) that I could not get anything magnetic near my machine. As I remember he said especially credit cards as the machine would erase the magentic strip on the card. I don't know if that was true or not, but that is what I was told. I realize not many people would have a credit card near their machine?????

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 9
RE: ?????? HELP please - 1/6/2019 5:21:23 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

The reason I bought these bags is because my regular purse for shopping the strap is getting worn.... the purse has a magnetic snap - guess it is about 8 or 9 years old so thus far no problem. I could not find my leather needles so went to WM - nada - went to another WM and ditto... so went to fabric store because Michaels here has started to sell fabric by the meter/yard but when I searched online I could not find leather needles likely because the fabric they plan to sell is cotton and poly cotton blend... so had to go to my fabric store... of course they had changed the whole store around... got the zippers got the lining fabric got the leather needles - went to WM and found some really beautiful place mats that could be turned into zippered bags for cosmetics or whatever if you took big corners the bag was tall if you took smaller corners it was longer but not as high... so I was thinking good bag to bring crochet or knitting project on double point needles... but WM didn't have the right length zippers so back upstairs to fabric store and I got 2 zippers for less than one at WM... according to their chart of prices... fabric store always has 3 skirt length 7-8 inch zippers for $1 so I always buy some of those to restock... good for ITH bags cases etc.

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> ?????? HELP please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote