Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

OPW embroidery thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OPW embroidery thread Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OPW embroidery thread - 1/5/2019 3:13:11 PM   
MoDo

Has anyone here tried this thread? If so, pros? cons? Work well with Viking machines? Thanks for any info.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5
Post #: 1
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/6/2019 12:30:35 PM   
Bobette

Sorry - can't help you on this one.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 2
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/6/2019 2:07:13 PM   
Penny Hal

I haven't used it either. I find that each of my machines has it's own thread preference. You could try buying one spool and see what your machine says about it.

Penny

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 3
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/6/2019 5:53:17 PM   
MoDo

Thanks, Ladies! My local (30 miles away) store that carries Isacord is going out of business. The only other stores that I was told "might" have Isacord is each an hour's drive away. Since I only have about 70 colors of Isacord, I was thinking it might be better to just change brands now. I didn't want to purchase online due to the cost of shipping. However, now that I've done a bit more research, I found a place called Red Rock Threads that charges no more than $5.95 for the entire order! I decided to give it a try by putting 25 mini-king spools in the cart and checking the cost of shipping--sure enough, only $5.95. So, I guess I might as well keep using the Isacord and go ahead and purchase online. While the OPW thread is less expensive per spool (plus it includes a matching bobbin thread), I think with shipping it would end up costing more in the long run than ordering from Red Rock Threads.

"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -- Matthew 23:9

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.;" -- 1 Timothy 2:5

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 4
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/7/2019 1:08:47 PM   
SewLynn

Red Rock Threads is awesome to do business with. I've ordered from them many times.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 5
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/7/2019 4:42:23 PM   
sewbluetiful

Wow.. I didn't know OPW carried thread.. can you post a link to it,, I looked on the site but didn't find it...

Mickie

http://sew-something.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/mickiea/boards/

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/7/2019 5:02:16 PM   
MoDo

So good to hear you've had good experience with Red Rock Threads, Lynn! I placed an order today, and am waiting eagerly for it!

Your wish is my command, Mickie : https://www.oregonpatchworks.com/embroidery/collection/OPWS

(in reply to sewbluetiful)
Post #: 7
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/7/2019 5:12:43 PM   
sewbluetiful

Thank you for the link,, I will check it out..

I got to looking,, I don't know if you ladies know,, a place called Imachine group has the best price on Isacord on the net,,, I don't know what shipping is though.. I priced both the mini and the king spools... and they beat any other place,, now the multi colored thread is a little more than other placed,, but for the solids,, this place is the best for prices...

I machine group

Mickie

http://sew-something.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/mickiea/boards/

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 8
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/7/2019 8:35:42 PM   
MoDo

They do have great prices, but I couldn't find any info on shipping either. I'm wondering if they're for-the-trade only. Perhaps I'll give them a call to find out.

(in reply to sewbluetiful)
Post #: 9
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/8/2019 6:42:23 PM   
MoDo

For anyone interested: I heard back from I Machine Group--they do sell retail! Great prices as long as the shipping isn't too much. I'll have to find out how much they charge.

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 10
RE: OPW embroidery thread - 1/10/2019 12:40:00 PM   
Penny Hal

In hind sight, I wish I had stayed with one brand of poly and one brand of rayon. I'd see a beautiful color of thread in a brand, buy it only to find out that it really doesn't go with my other threads. So, then I have to buy more in the same color wave so that I can use it. Now, if I buy thread, I buy three spools...a light, med, and dark.

Penny

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OPW embroidery thread Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll