Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

HELP! Valentine suggestions needed.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 9:36:32 AM   
Grammie

As some of you may remember, I have been making Halloween & Valentine's Day treats for my grandchildren's school for several years. Well...now my dear grandson is 8 years old and in 3rd grade - and I have run out of ideas! For his classes, I have done pencil toppers, lollipop holders, zippered heart bags, seasonal coasters (with a drink box), treat bag toppers for cellophane bags of treats, and toothbrush roll-ups. I thought of single-letter monogrammed bookmarks and, although the teacher may appreciate those, I'm not sure the kids will!

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

I will be doing the zippered heart-shaped bags for his sister's Kindergarten class - those are fun.

I think I need inspiration...please help!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 6 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 55!
Post #: 1
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 10:48:17 AM   
Seabean

How about a heart key fob with their initial on it...can use for actual keys (latch key kids) or for a backpack as an ID or for a luggage tag.
Otherwise...you've already done everything I could think of!

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 2
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 11:18:52 AM   
KarenVA

How about this ith clip-on pouch—with a piece of candy inside?

http://www.cmemag.com/articles/Free-ITH-Project---From-Lisa-Archer

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Seabean)
Post #: 3
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 12:42:48 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Grammie you might already have the design for that USB case on file - it was a freebie last year from accuquilt if my files are correct... and I watched the youtube saw how much fabric was wasted and sized the design up 30%.... before I started I took the back piece and embroidered name in my case I also put my phone number so you could embroider names for the back before you start and cut to size - there is a website on ebay selling 10 zippers for 1.25 free shipping from China so order soon my fabricland sells 3 for $1.00 Canadian and has a small basket with black brown navy red sometimes white and cream 7 inch plastic teeth - I likely could have bought the basket full for $7 not sure what happens when the basket is empty but I always buy 3-6 to restock

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 4
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 1:36:43 PM   
KarenVA

Here's the free design:

http://fivestarfonts.com/free-zipper-case-in-the-hoop

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 5
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 1:47:26 PM   
KarenVA

Or this Tic Tac Toe game ITH:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/469154229/ith-soccer-tic-tac-toe-game-hl1041?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_e-craft_supplies_and_tools-patterns_and_how_to-other&utm_custom1=86957f8b-be1e-4205-abf6-69cdddb068a0&utm_content=go_270948635_43277844924_190744404950_aud-318222619806:pla-297065912291_c__469154229&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIprb_2rfc3wIVk8JkCh1WuQxkEAQYAyABEgKJ8vD_BwE

KarenVA

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 6
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 3:28:38 PM   
Penny Hal

A crayon/marking pens holder? Don't give up on book marks! if you did FSL ones, you could probably find a lot of designs that would appeal to the children. Be sure to keep track of what yhttp://www.cuteembroidery.com/projects?order=recent&page=10ou've made as you have someone in K that will grow up! Cell phone tote? Hand sanitizer tote? http://www.cuteembroidery.com/projects?order=recent&page=10

Penny

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 7
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 4:00:44 PM   
Grammie

Thank you, kind cyber friends! I am seriously considering the TicTacToe game - with red & white hearts as the pieces. I have also designed a keyfob kind of thing - will try to stitch one as a sample tomorrow. I do have the Five Star ITH zippered bags - love them & have done a lot of them. The heart-shaped one I'll do for Ayla also came from Five Star Fonts - back in 2012. http://fivestarfonts.com/free-zipper-heart-coin-purse-in-the-hoop

I'll also stitch a bookmark and ask my Max if he would like to give those...

So many ideas...I may have to continue doing these! LOL

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 6 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 55!

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 8
RE: HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. - 1/7/2019 4:59:04 PM   
KarenVA

And--don't forget the door hangers!!!

KarenVA

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> HELP! Valentine suggestions needed. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2019 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy