Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/9/2019 2:41:54 PM   
kmroy

OK it is time for me to replace the chair I use to sit on while I sew. I have been using an old secretary type chair that rolls around on the plastic thing that covers my carpet. It does have a small back but I don't lean back in it to sew. I don't like arms on my chair. I like to get up a lot when I am sewing as I need exercise. So I am up and down to cut, iron, etc.

Just thought I would take a poll as I begin to research a new chair. Please help me with my decision.
Many thanks,
Kathy
Post #: 1
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/9/2019 3:10:31 PM   
Grammie

I use a secretarial chair without arms as well - my carpet is so worn I don't even need a plastic mat! I need to swivel from my sewing machine to my computer often so I like having my chair on wheels. The most important function for me is adjustability (is that a word?) - I like to sit fairly high above my machine. In the days of Huntsville schools I always put a pillow on top of the chair to sew...those were the good ol' days!

Grammie to 10 darlings, ages 6 to 25 years plus 1 step-darling (she is 15)! Mom to 5, ages 47 to 55!

(in reply to kmroy)
Post #: 2
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/9/2019 7:27:05 PM   
KarenVA

I absolutely LOVE my red Bernina chair!! The Horn company also makes them in other colors, too. I’ve had my chair for about 5 years—and it’s just as comfy as the day we brought it home!!

KarenVA

"We cannot do great things, we can only do little things with great love." Mother Teresa

(in reply to Grammie)
Post #: 3
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/9/2019 8:44:08 PM   
caaguirre

I used an armless secretary's chair until it wore out. I went to my local office supply store and sat in all of the chairs deciding on the best one for me and bought it. Now I have one of those vintage reproduction chairs that I bought strictly because I love the look of it, not as practical but it's so darn cute!

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to KarenVA)
Post #: 4
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/10/2019 9:36:37 AM   
SewLynn

I use an office chair that rolls from computer to sewing machine to serger.

Member since 2001.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 5
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/10/2019 9:58:40 AM   
echoflint

I, too, have the red Bernina chair. Brought it home in the trunk of my (red) car from an all day sewing event at the Bernina store, over 8 years ago.
What an improvement over the small, straight-back vintage sewing chair I had been using!

Echo

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 6
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/16/2019 10:31:17 AM   
sewsusan

I use a high stool. I'm short, so in most chairs I'm on the edge anyway. I found a fold up stool at Walmart which works well for me 'cause my sewing room is very small (& cluttered!). Often I find that standing is the most comfortable.

(in reply to echoflint)
Post #: 7
RE: OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? - 1/16/2019 12:31:22 PM   
mizzlilly

I have a couple of office chairs, but I may buy one from a sewing cabinet company when my room is finally finished. I’ve read good things about them.

https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/My-Sewing/2018-Sewing
https://pinkerpaws.smugmug.com/Cameo-Paper-projects/

(in reply to sewsusan)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> OT-----What kind of chair/seat to you sit on to sew? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2019 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy