Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Help & Information] >> Website Help >> Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730 - 1/22/2019 4:56:55 PM   
jet

New to this forum so I am very excited......am retired and am ready to embroider some vintage monograms on some old linens. I am sad to see 2 websites that were featured in the Victoria Monograms magazine are now closed.....so now I need advice on who has the old fonts.....these 2 websites were annaboveembroidery.com and 8clawsandapaw.com. Also......I have Apple computers......anyone know a better way to download fonts from the internet without having to go through Bernina Artlink? Guess I will always have to do that, huh? A lot of the designs are not available in ART format either! Would love some advice....Thanks for your help!
Post #: 1
RE: Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730 - 1/23/2019 11:11:54 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

8 Claws closed down a few months ago her https://www.pinterest.ca/whimsicalingenu/8-claws-and-a-paw-file/?lp=true seems to be still going.
I use EMBIRD to convert designs not in my format... also use it to edit adapt manipulate deisgns - for instance keeping a frame from one digitizer and adding a monogram from another... Easy to use...

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to jet)
Post #: 2
RE: Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730 - 1/25/2019 10:38:13 AM   
jet

I looked up Embird and see where I have to have a Windows operating system. I wish I were tech savvy enough to understand this but I am not. I have even thought of using Sew What Pro but I think it is also something I would have to adapt on my own to a PC and then translate to an Apple format. This is all way beyond my understanding. I guess I am wondering in this world of young people and Apple computers if there is someone out there, and I am sure there is, that uses all Apple computers but sews on a Bernina and makes these conversions all the time with no difficulty.......I would love for them to walk me through what they do. I have an inexpensive old Dell laptop with Bernina Artlink on it......I get designs off of the internet, put them on my jump drive, convert them on the laptop using Artlink to a format that my Bernina 730 can read and then take the jump drive to my Bernina 730 and sew away. If I have to do any editing I am on my own! Trying to merge letters, etc is A TASK! Got to be an easier way to do this, right? That is what I am looking for!

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 3
Bernina Toolbox - 1/26/2019 5:06:31 PM   
jet

Anyone on this Forum used the Bernina Toolbox software for editing, etc? I am thinking about investing in it for my embroidery help. Thanks!

(in reply to jet)
Post #: 4
RE: Bernina Toolbox - 1/26/2019 8:13:25 PM   
gillie

I use Monogram Wizard Plus with my Bernina. I have windows and also have the old Artista software. Will have to think of some sites for Monograms. I have that book but haven't looked at it in quite a while. welcome. You might want to post on the Machine Embroidery Thread as it is more traffic.

Gillie

(in reply to jet)
Post #: 5
RE: Bernina Toolbox - 1/26/2019 9:32:11 PM   
jet

Thanks Gillie. I have MW Plus as well but want to have a program that can put letters together that I buy from the internet.....LOVE my MW+ but the letters I want to combine are not on their CD. I am new to this forum so I will see if I know enough to post on the METhread too! Thanks

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 6
RE: Bernina Toolbox - 1/27/2019 12:00:24 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I saw this project done with MW+ wish I had MW+ and wish when I had the demo I could figure it out

Attachment (1)

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to jet)
Post #: 7
RE: Bernina Toolbox - 1/27/2019 12:04:39 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Here is an old topic http://forums.marthapullen.com/tm.asp?m=118500&mpage=1&key=bolster𜻤

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Help & Information] >> Website Help >> Font Embroideries, an Apple IPad and a Bernini 730 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2019 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy