Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Just whining

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Just whining Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just whining - 1/29/2019 3:04:34 PM   
Penny Hal

Today I seem to be annoyed with the whole world. I am so tired of doing a search on a website and they throw in designs that are no way related to the search topic you want. They might just as well throw in the kitchen sink. It's such a waste of time trudging through pages through those pages.

Then I used my new clothes washer for the first time today. It appeared to have a lot of settings, but it is really pre-program to do what it wants to do and you cannot make it do what you need it to do. As a result, it doesn't do what I want. It sure looked like it gave you a lot of choices, but in realilty, choices are limited. Then, when they went to install it, it seems the dryer, which is a gas dryer, had to be installed 18in. above the floor! That puts that machine above my head!!! Or, I could completely remodel the room it is in, but it would still be above my heard. Thank goodness for my husband who installed it after getting the proper fittings for it. The ones they brought with them would not right for that machine.

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: Just whining - 1/29/2019 4:15:34 PM   
caaguirre

Ack! Some days are just this way, some big annoyances some small. I'm so glad your husband is so handy, installers are sometimes so lacking in knowledge you wonder how they hold their job. If your washer didn't come with a manual, there might be one online to help you with this model. And remember - tomorrow is another day and will probably be an improvement over this one.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: Just whining - 1/29/2019 5:56:44 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Since we are on the subject of washers - is there any models out there that have a true soak feature?????? my old whirlpool you could let machine fill and stop it and let the clothes soak for as long as you wanted even overnight - this one empties the soap and water in 20 minutes or less... So I have to use the laundry room sink....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 3
RE: Just whining - 1/30/2019 3:01:58 PM   
Penny Hal

I found the solution for soaking. I open the lid of the washer up after it fills with water. That stops the machine. I put the lid down when I'm ready for the machine to continue its cycle.

Penny

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 4
RE: Just whining - 1/30/2019 4:10:16 PM   
Penny Hal

GRRRRR...I just purchased a design that I already had purchased...just in a different size. I thought I had searched extensively to see if I had that design already, but apparently I didn't search very well. This is starting to make me whine more today.

Penny

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 5
RE: Just whining - 1/30/2019 4:39:33 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

My washer does not fill with water it is very low use of water..... another negative... even when you select bulky sheets and the lid locks before it starts another negative you have to push the stop button to release the lock and then of course short after it empties

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 6
RE: Just whining - 1/30/2019 9:39:32 PM   
caaguirre

This is why I hold onto my ancient top loading washer, I NEED that soak feature and lots of wash water.

Happy Sewing, Carol

Post #: 7
RE: Just whining - 1/31/2019 11:19:59 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

Right now I would consider a wring washer.... jus for soak feature you could fill that baby add soap and bleach if white wash and let that thing run for hours jus soaking and scrubbing...

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 8
RE: Just whining - 1/31/2019 1:33:59 PM   
Penny Hal

My machine is suppose to weigh how much is in the machine and fill for that amount. However, it does have a bypass button so I can use a ton of water.

Shirley, could you open the lid and let it soak. Then then turn the machine off. After a soak it won't matter if it starts from the beginning?

Yea. I remember the days of the wringer washers. A lot of work. I have to admit I hate anything that does something automatically. It really limits what you can do.

Penny

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Just whining Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll