Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Bobette

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Bobette Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bobette - 2/9/2019 7:56:02 PM   
NormaK

Is Bobette still posting?
Post #: 1
RE: Bobette - 2/9/2019 8:26:12 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Gee she is active on FB ....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 2
RE: Bobette - 2/10/2019 8:16:11 PM   
caaguirre

I did a search and her last post was in the beginning of January. Hope she returns soon.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 3
RE: Bobette - 3/9/2019 6:21:11 PM   
Bobette

Thanks for thinking of me. Yes, I do come and lurk. Nothing wrong, just don't do much sewing/embroidering,jewelry making, or stuff with my Cricut. I do spend too much time on
Facebook. I'm friends with Martha, so keep up with her and her family. In December I turned 80!!! Have to do alot of sorting all my stashes as we hope to move in the near future. What will I do?? Want to keep too much stuff. Should have started already as we have had a cold and snowy winter. Still snow on the ground, but rained all day today. Will freeze tonight so that will be slippery for sure.
I'll try to do a better job of checking in. I do not have any little ones to sew for any more. Two great granddaughters, and only made a few tings. This generation isn't interested. I only made one dress. Had her Mom see the pattern, said I would make it pink with a white scalloped yoke. She agreed. I tried it on when I was finished and she couldn't wait to get it off. Even bought her a full slip to go under it as I was sure she didn't own one. I never saw her wear it. Too many "stretch" tops and pants/shorts that they move so freely around in.
I do make my wedding gifts and that is usually a personalized wedding design (with names and date), with my Cricut and then frame it.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: Bobette - 3/9/2019 7:49:09 PM   
caaguirre

Glad to see your update, Bobette. Happy Belated Birthday, this was a big one wasn't it? I think alot of us are experiencing the decline of children's fashion and are sick of jeans and tee shirts but what can you do? I was re-reading some of my Sew Beautiful magazines this week and drooling over some of the delightful outfits and feeling sad that no one I know would wear them. If I make an outfit I donate it to charity these days, that way I can still indulge myself in my love of sewing pretty things.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 5
RE: Bobette - 3/9/2019 7:56:42 PM   
Bobette

Thanks Carol. Times do change, but I love all the pretty dresses we used to make. I really don't like that they tend to dress little girls in teenage style clothes. And the names some of these people give their children. Yuck.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 6
RE: Bobette - 3/14/2019 12:33:15 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Isnt it funny about names.... dogs are being called Harry and Fred and Mikey and females Molly and Sally and Susie but humans are getting stuck with the strangest names....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Bobette Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2019 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy