Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

My winter sweatshirt

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> My winter sweatshirt Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My winter sweatshirt - 2/10/2019 3:49:07 PM   
Penny Hal

My winter sweatshirt. I have a lot of trouble hooping. I get better results when I can get them in the hoop instead of floating them, but sometimes I just can't get it in. I have trouble centering too because the center of the hoop isn't the center where the needle starts on the machine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dufd//ping with my Babylock hoops.

Penny
Post #: 1
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/10/2019 7:35:27 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

That link would not open for me....earlier in the day.... but tried again just now and it opened... that is really nice design is that from Kara's Kreations looks familiar

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 2
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/10/2019 8:10:56 PM   
caaguirre

So pretty and just perfect for winter. Can a technician adjust your machine to get that centering corrected? If not, maybe you can calculate the machine's center and use a paper template to help you hoop accurately.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 3
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/11/2019 7:03:45 AM   
mari

one of my older brothers is not dead center with the newer computers and softwares but a little to the right so I make sure center is marked on right side so I can nudge it over. I occasionally use the plastic templates but mostly just the grid marked on the garment. I love your winter sweatshirt and the crystals, wish I could save the photo. I need to use some of those designs I bought a couple of years ago. As for the hooping lately I have been doing a lot more like the retired tech does and think it is easy and better than floating. He opens the hoop a lot, marks the right side with the the grid on the thing being embroidered, either hoops with the stabilizer or floats it, tightens the hoop. I added soluble on top with a bit of tape so no adhesive or floating. I plant to do a lot more of that. I used to float all the time except on the 6 needle machine which to me is easier to hoop. but loved my single needle stitch out a lot more when I did this recently and it sewed like a dream with the hooping and no adhesive and a really crap cardboard bobbin that I didn't even realize was in that machine. I can mark with soap sliver or blue pen on the right side a grid and stabilizer and soluble come off so easy. I plan to hoop a lot more on my single needle machines using his method. Not one thread break or shred or rethread and the stitch quality was fabulous.

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 4
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/11/2019 3:47:42 PM   
Penny Hal

Yes, it is Kara's design. It looks pretty dense, but it has layers of thread that are pretty light except for the white swirls. I used metallic thread in the background. I bought some metallic threads from Superior and they work fantastically well.

I was doing another "dog heart" sweatshirt yesterday. I put it in the #$**# new washing machine. It came out with little bits of white stuff all over it. As I was trying to scape them off, I realized that it was sticky. It hadn't used enough water to dissolve the wss. That was the same problem I had with the dog one. So, I stuck it in hot water in the sink and that solved the problem.

I then ran a "full water" setting so that it would get rid of any of it in the machine that I could see. I guess I'll just have to choose the "full water" setting in the future. Everyone I talk to hates machines that you can't determine specifics instead of having to choose a pre-set mode.

And, while I'm still in my whining mode, because I could not hoop the sweatshirt, I fussed and fussed and twiddled and twiddle with it using the template to center it until I finely got it to line up so that the center of the design is where the center of the machine is. The design was too big for me to just move the needle over. I could have used a larger hoop so I could move the need where I wanted it, but what a waste of stabilizers.

I think I'll have a cookie.

Penny

(in reply to mari)
Post #: 5
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/11/2019 4:02:50 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

See some engineer whiz somewhere who does one huge load of wash a week everything from jeans o towels in same wash thinking that he was a genius decided hnw green earth friendly it would be to have machine decide... so much water saved blah blah.... except the real people who do the laundry now opt for full water to over ride the pre-set settings. So no water saved in fact water wasted... just like the 1/2 toilet that you press one for pee and 2 for poop when the paper does not wash away women then choose 2 for everything..... I hated that 1/2 toilet in the rental in Quebec and it would have been first thing changed had I bought the place....

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 6
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/11/2019 6:54:37 PM   
Daylily430

The “center of the hoop” is not necessarily the exact center of the hoop itself, but it is the center of the embroidery area. There is an area within the hoop, behind the presser foot that is not included in the stitch area. I have a PAL laser light that I use in centering printed design templates and once at the machine, I can fine tune the hoop to get the needle at the center of the design.

I love any design from Kreations by Kara and they stitch out beautifully. Enjoy your sweatshirt, it looks very cozy!

BTW, Kreations by Kara is having a 60% off sale that started yesterday. (I’ve helped to keep her in business)

Ellen
Blog www.seamsandfinishes.com

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 7
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/12/2019 10:01:30 PM   
caaguirre

Cookies are the solution to any problem.

Happy Sewing, Carol

(in reply to Daylily430)
Post #: 8
RE: My winter sweatshirt - 2/13/2019 3:41:50 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Chocolate helps, too. BTW, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all!!

Barbara

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> My winter sweatshirt Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll