Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/13/2019 3:14:44 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Does anyone have this pattern that they no longer use? I am making Hope Chests for my grand daughters and would like to put a few
newborn nighties in each. I can find Grace Knott Dots online still but would gladly use these as well. A long time ago Mizlilly said that she knew someone who
worked with Grace Knotts and she made these patterns... that would also work - ANYBODY??

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine
Post #: 1
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/14/2019 4:52:57 AM   
aussie

I was curious re: what those patterns are like. Did a web search and my gosh, they are just adorable. Learn something new all the time on this forum.

Carol NW Ohio

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 2
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/15/2019 2:25:36 PM   
Fancy Stitches

Shirley, I googled "Grace Knotts patterns" and got several sites. Baltazor's and Treasured Heirlooms (and some others) have the patterns you are seeking. Old Fashioned Baby also has lovely baby gowns...those are perhaps my personal favorite.

Barbara

(in reply to aussie)
Post #: 3
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/16/2019 11:41:29 AM   
SewLynn

Baltazor Fabrics is closed. Sadly, the owner passed away. Orders placed after end of January were not being accepted.

Since Grace Knott is no longer with us, is anyone continuing her business?

Member since 2001.

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 4
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/16/2019 2:06:11 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Yes someone who worked for the family business and revised Grace Knots pattern which fit 18 pound baby and was too large so JUDITH MARQUIS had her own line of smocked patterns including the nighttie.... I saw one for triple the Canadian $ price on line - very very reasonable and that would be $8 Canadian and less than $6 USF https://www.amberlane.ca/

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to SewLynn)
Post #: 5
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/16/2019 3:34:49 PM   
Fancy Stitches

I loved Baltazor's and am sad to learn that it is no more. Unfortunately many of the once-great establishments are disappearing, but I guess this passion that some of us share is also diminishing. The young ones seem to prefer to dress their babies like teen-agers or young adults. Many (perhaps most) do not even own an iron. When I had my hair done on Sunday for my DGS wedding, there was a little girl...not more than 6 years old...having highlights put in her hair!! I know I'm old-fashioned, and I also know it's "only hair," but I was horrified! That borders on child abuse in my book. But, whatever, it's none of my business and I have been described as a fun-sucker. But why can't we embrace childhood...it's so fleeting. It does make my heart sing when I see "white" dresses (as Martha described them) and small boys dressed age appropriately. Sorry...I'll get off my soap-box now.

Barbara

Post #: 6
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/16/2019 6:08:47 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

I am witth you but you know Barb these kids ASK for inappropriate stuff like getting their nails done - my grand daughter was 4 - what???? the soonest that should happen is high school prom/graduation and had she asked for streaks I am sure it would be considered except she had beautiful blond hair so no need... I was shocked one Sunday at Church - this drooling toothless baby was dressed exactly like his older grand father.... right down to white shirt sleevelesss V neck old fart sweater and corduroy pants - OMG lucky I was behind them because MY FACE would have shown disgust/shock/disapproval
Another thing is kids no longer have what I call "shoes" you know patent leather or Mary Janes for girls and good leather shoes for boys... I want Easter the way it used to be..... the Easter Parade... hats gloves new outfits new shoes and the whole family at church....n p.s. my DIL has an iron bet it was a gift - she never uses it - my son does the ironing for himself and my grand daughter... grandson and DIL are wash and wear

< Message edited by ShirleyCalgary -- 4/16/2019 6:12:23 PM >

(in reply to Fancy Stitches)
Post #: 7
RE: ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN - 4/17/2019 1:17:12 AM   
Fancy Stitches

Oh, Shirley, I surely agree with all you said. I do believe parents have a responsibility to say "NO" sometimes when kids aren't old enough to know they are perfect just the way they are! I, too, miss seeing the Mary Janes and oxfords...rather than the sneakers they all wear now.

And my heart breaks for the people of France (and the whole world) for the horrific loss of the Notre Dame...it had to happen during Holy Week. Fortunately most of the important relics were saved. It will be rebuilt and it will be glorious still. I am so grateful that I was fortunate enough to visit several years ago and I will never forget the experience. It was my favorite place in Paris and oh, how I loved that city.

Barbara

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Children's Construction >> ISO GRACE KNOTT'S NEWBORN NIGHTIE PATTERN Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2019 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy