Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

what machine(s) do you use?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> what machine(s) do you use? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 3:46:04 AM   
mimsy

thougth it would be interesting to hear what sewing/embroidery machines you use (or have used) and what you think about them, pros and cons?
Post #: 1
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 6:56:45 AM   
Gone Sewing

Brother...ULT...wore the poor thing out....but it still hangs
in there...I use it mostly for sewing now

Baby Lock...Ellisamo....love it....especially the square hoop
use it almost daily for ME'ing

Brother....little one...from Walmart.....use it for lace mostly

Janome 9700....it is great...but sadly...I use it very little

and my first one...a Bernina 180...a lemon from the start
it sits in the garage ...unused and not needed for anything

(in reply to mimsy)
Post #: 2
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 7:08:16 AM   
nlsummerlin

For embroidery I use my designer diamond, for sewing the Viking Sapphire, and a Huskylock 905 serger. Love them all!

(in reply to Gone Sewing)
Post #: 3
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 9:00:25 AM   
NormaK

For both sewing and embroidery, I have the HV Designer 1 (2002).  Since I am left-handed, I appreciate the fact that the buttons are on the left!  (That will be the hardest change if I upgrade!)  My serger is the BabyLock Imagine (2006), pre-wave.  I also have the Janome 1000 CPX coverstitch machine (2010).  I am very, very happy with all of them, although I need to get the tension tweaked on the Janome.  In addition, I have a Sears Kenmore (1977), which is oiled and ready, if it is needed.

(in reply to nlsummerlin)
Post #: 4
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 9:34:45 AM   
mizlilly

I have a Bernina 153 and White Pearl (sewing only), Bernina 830 (sewing and embroidery), Brother ULt2003D (sewing and embroidery, but I use it mostly for embroidery, especially Disney!), a Babylock Enlighten (comes with Wave, though I've never used it) and a Babylock Coverhem. I have a bunch of other machines that are in retirement... including a beautiful Featherweight and two kid sized Singers. Let's see... three others in retirement... my old Janome, a black ? brand, plus a 50's or early 60's White. I have my eye on an HQ Sweet Sixteen... we'll see on that one!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinkerpaws

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 5
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 11:03:45 AM   
Pat Dault

I have a pfaff creative vision which I use for sewing and ME.  I also have a pfaff 4872 serger.  Love them both.  I upgraded from the 7570 to the 2140 and now this one.  It has the most beautiful built in stitches that sticht out great.

(in reply to mizlilly)
Post #: 6
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 11:16:36 AM   
Penny Hal

Bernina 180 for embroidery. Makes me crazy, but it's what I have.
Bernina serger just for black thread and for curves, especially the inner ones.
Babylock serger for all other colors of thread and the ease of threading, terrible on curves.
Bernina 1090 my workhorse for sewing.
Babylock...small little one for traveling.
Singer, my first sewing machine. It's 50 years old now and I keep it for sentimental reasons.

Penny

(in reply to Pat Dault)
Post #: 7
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 11:21:54 AM   
sewLo

I have a Janome 11000SE for my sewing and embroidery and my serger is a Babylock Evolve.  I love them both.  Am just getting a handle on the Evolve now that I have the clear foot...that has made so much difference in me feeling in control.  The other thing that I have learned and need to remember all the time is that you don't guide the fabric with your hand to the left of the foot...need to hand either in front or in the back...stitches come off the edge if your hand is to the left...putting too much pressure on guiding the fabric when it is placed there!  I still have trouble remembering that!!!!!!

I absolutely love my Janome 11000SE.  One of the selling features for me is that the embroidery unit is part of the machine...when I want to embroider, I just have to open up the arm and push a button that puts me in embroidery mode...attach hoop and fabric...and push the button and off it goes!  I love the quality of stitches.  And, I love the fact that it is so user friendly.  I am very content with both my machines!!!!

I also have a Janome 9000, but I have allowed it to reside at the house next door (my ds and family's).  I consider it theirs now...and am using it to teach my dgd how to sew...I told her that not many young girls get to learn to sew on such a good machine!  I still love that machine too...but it is in use next door and it would be sitting in its case if it still lived here! 

Lois
http://wdorrell.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Pat Dault)
Post #: 8
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 11:22:27 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

I am a Janome girl since for last 20 years - Janome 8000 still running although I dont use it for embroidery any more but I just might fire that embroidery part up again and see. I also have Janome 10001 and 11000se and 300e and 350e and an old Janome serger that is kept with neutral thread 234d and my babylock Imagine serger - I also have a Singer built into a table but have not used it in ages. I really should get it cleaned up and serviced.
I love the 8 x 8 hoop on the 11000se.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 9
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 12:48:40 PM   
vpenner

I use a Bernina Deco 330 (I can actually transfer designs reliably since I updated it to use a "generic" PCMIA card!! I used the Magic Box before but it never worked well). At a class last year, I used a Bernina 730 (I think that was it). At another class, I tried somebody elses Bernina 400 series machine because she wanted to try my machine. I use a Janome 4900 for regular sewing or my Bernina 131 if the Janome is in for servicing (so glad I kept the old machine when I upgraded because it never fails that somebody brings me an "urgent" mending job while my main machine is out!!).

< Message edited by vpenner -- 3/10/2011 12:51:49 PM >

Mother to James (34), Sarah (31), Aaron (30), Adam (27) and David (24)

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 10
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 12:56:50 PM   
MLA

Bernina 180 updated to 185, 730 and Baby Lock Evolve and a old treadle machine.  I mostly use the 180 for sewing and the 730 for embroidery.  I haven't had the Evolve long so only done rolled hem and regular sergering on it but have all the feet. They hum a lot of the time. But just need more time to use them but don't we all?

(in reply to vpenner)
Post #: 11
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 1:05:53 PM   
Grandmom

I just upgraded to the Viking Diamond and I have the Babylock Evolve serger.
I also have Singer 6268 and Athena 2000. AND the original treadle machine from my Grandmother that I learned to sew on which was electrified
years later by my Father.
Grandmom

(in reply to MLA)
Post #: 12
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 5:40:00 PM   
chris b

I have a Pfaff 7570, a 2170 and I liketo piece on my Singer 301A because it has the most beautiful straight stich I've ever seen.I also have a wonderful Elna 945 serger.

(in reply to Grandmom)
Post #: 13
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 6:34:05 PM   
shanedel

As a former Bernina dealer, I'm hooked on Bernina.  I've had many, currently the Artista 200E.  Love it!

Shane (formerly sc)

(in reply to chris b)
Post #: 14
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 8:03:51 PM   
delmarva

Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 is the primary embroidery machine, the Pfaff 7570 is what I use for most decorative and straight stitching and my Husqvarna Viking 1100 is (was) the one I usually take to classes and guild, until it blew up last month. Mechanic cannot find a reason it blew fire out of the side and he said it still works but will shut off after a couple of hours when it gets hot. Makes me a bit nervous. He said it did melt part of the main board but other than shutting off when it gets hot, keeps on keeping on. I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I would like to find another but so far the search has not been successful.

Other than those, I have an old Babylock serger (20+ yrs.), a Necchi Lydia (which was my first machine of my own), a couple of White Blue Jeans machines (top of the three levels they came in) that I've used with 4-H'ers, and a working Singer treadle that I refinished and refurbished. There are a couple of oddball ones I have not sewn on, like the Hecht's machine and another one I cannot remember what it is. The strangest one I have is a Bonis fur machine. Oh, almost forgot the Janome Embellisher.

(in reply to shanedel)
Post #: 15
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/10/2011 9:32:27 PM   
Luzenia

I have an old Monarch that I took to school and used in the dormitory to sew on but now use it for sewing upholstry straight stitch only , a Singer 401A with all of the decoratiive cams. a Singer touchtronic 2001, a Huskystar C10 , a Bernina serger234, a Brother 274D sewing and embroidery, and a Brother 750D embroidery only, a Janome travel machine that I can't remember the # for.

Luzenia

(in reply to delmarva)
Post #: 16
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 12:48:29 AM   
mimsy

penny, why does bernina 180 drive you crazy?

delmarva, sound really risky whith your 1100

luzenia, how do you like your brother 750D?

(in reply to Luzenia)
Post #: 17
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 8:17:52 AM   
DDinDFW

Pfaff 7570 - limited to 4x4, but I have so little time and this machine works so well, I just can't justify upgrading now. Maybe when the kids are grown...

Dana, mom of two growing boys

(in reply to mimsy)
Post #: 18
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 8:57:06 AM   
Merrinell

Baby Lock Ellageo BLL, just upgraded to Ellageo Plus---this is my main machine. Wish I could go to the Ellisimo, but just can't afford.
BabyLock Evolve serger.....wouldn't trade it for anything! Had the Imagine before, and gave to my ddil....Still humming along.
BabyLocke Esante - lives with my DDL and two granddaughters
Kenmore - Embroidery 19000, sits in the closet (Janome)....my very first embroidery machine
Brother PE-150-embroidery only-with Ultimate box...keeping others in closet company
Brother SE2000-great little workhorse to take to QOV workdays-very light
Singer Featherweight - just had to have, sitting in closet
Kenmore-in the camper in the mountains, great to use when we're up there

(in reply to DDinDFW)
Post #: 19
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 9:02:13 AM   
Merrinell

Hey, I just realized..........I got bumped up to two stars. Yippee....

(in reply to mimsy)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> what machine(s) do you use? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2014 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy