Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

RE: what machine(s) do you use?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: what machine(s) do you use? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 10:49:28 AM   
jem

I have Bertha - my Brother Ult embroidery/sewing.(signed by Martha Pullen and all of the wonderful teachers when I attended TBS school.),
Then Clemintine - Brother PE-400D - little embroidery/sewing Programed with lots of Winnie the Pooh,
Gertrude is my Brother XR-65 (under $100 at Wal-Mart) my quilt sewing machine,
Matilde my ancient HobbyLock 787 4-thread serger,
Siddlee is my dress form. We girls have a great time in the sewing room.
Oh and I have a "chinese" Featherlite, Mama Su, that is a cheap sewing machine I use to take to all kinds of work shops,mostly quilting. She is very small but does a great stright seam. Now spends most of her time as a decoration. She may become Sophia's first sewing machine.

Yes, I tend to name everything.

(in reply to Merrinell)
Post #: 21
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 6:46:35 PM   
Penny Hal

Mimsy, the 180 is too finicky for me. It only likes certain threads, and some times just a particular color in a brand. The hoops are a pain and won't hold different fabrics. That's not too bad since now so many of us don't hoop any more. It doesn't like to work at full speed which translates into taking twice the length of time to stitch anything out. I can rarely stitch out a design without sitting right next to it. Seems like there is always at least one problem popping up like thread nests. It doesn't like dense designs and lacks the "power" to handle layers of thread like when I stitched out a mermaid...the BFC one. It is just a plethora of little things that added all together make me unhappy.

Penny

(in reply to Merrinell)
Post #: 22
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 7:12:41 PM   
embmimi

My first embroidery machine was the Esante. I traded it for an Ellegeo. I loved them both. Then my friend bought the Ellegeo, and I bought a Janome 11000. I also love it.

serger - Imagine (Love, love it!)

Now I have a Brother coverstitch 2340. I'm still learning on it, but so far I really like it.

I also have a small New Home (just like the Janome 3000 I wore out). I sew on it most of the time.

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 23
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/11/2011 7:26:43 PM   
Sheriann Sews

I feel so Blessed to have both a Babylock Ellisimo and a Designer 1ESS and a Babylock Imagine Serger. I just got the Babylock Ellisimo a few months ago, my hubby surprised me by saying 'YES' to my dream machine. I love both machines so much, and use both of them actually all three of them all the time. I have NO plans to purchase any more machines. My Elli & Emmi are enough for me.. like I said,I am extremely Blessed!

Sew Sincerely,
Sheriann
Brand spankin' new Babylock Ellisimo (Miss Elli) ~ Designer1 ESS ( Miss Emmi)~ Babylock Imagine (Miss Maggie)~ Beloved Gram's 1924 Singer Treadle (Miss Mary)
In Memory of our beloved Golden Retriever, Shi.

(in reply to Merrinell)
Post #: 24
RE: what machine(s) do you use? - 3/14/2011 8:39:37 PM   
sdotson

I use the Designer 1 for both embroidery and sewing
I use the Viking 936 serger, and just recently purchased a used 905 serger. I wanted to have the cover stitch set up on the 936 all the time.

(in reply to Merrinell)
Post #: 25
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> RE: what machine(s) do you use? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2018 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy