Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Christmas in July

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Christmas in July Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Christmas in July - 7/5/2012 10:08:15 AM   
jem

Ok all of us know I need fabric like another hole in the head! But 4 of the quilt shops at the shop hop are having a great sale. They have all decorated for Chirstmas and have specials on their Christmas fabric. Check it out your local quilt shop just in case. This is for the whole month of July. I plan to visit one each week. I'm taking a different lady from Bible study with me. They all said they love quilt and most don't get out alot. So we will have lunch at a fast food place and look at beautiful quilts and fabrics. Do something nice for your self and others.

Psalms 121
The Needler, =^..^=
Jacki, IJCCS (International Jammie Club of Creative Stitchers)
librocubicularist
Post #: 1
RE: Christmas in July - 7/5/2012 3:57:01 PM   
jjdavey

Jacki, if I could fit one more piece of fabric in my stash I might join you, but I'm saving any extra corners for whatever purchases I make at the American Sewing Guild conference in August.  I try to buy only very good fashion fabrics when I'm there, because all we have here is Joanns or quilt stores.  Trying to find silk or wool is a joke! I'm hoping we can get our back room finished soon, because I'll be able to get the desk and hutch out of my sewing room so I have more space for stash, but it's becoming a long process.........

(in reply to jem)
Post #: 2
RE: Christmas in July - 7/5/2012 5:13:41 PM   
jem

Well, I'm trying not to buy anything!!! (Who am I kidding!) All of these ladies have been good to me and none of them have regular transportation. They all love my work and have said they wish they could see what other people do. They all have quilts made by Mother's and Grandmothers. When I said I went on the shop hop by myself they alll said they wish they had gone with me. Two of them use walkers so I've called to see when the shops slowest days are. The shops have been so nice to tell me what days will have less traffic so we can take out time. I am in the process of making quilted bags for their walkers. Maybe a bag for the other ladies. They laughingly said they are the pocket book patrol so I don't spend money. Only a little. lol

Psalms 121
The Needler, =^..^=
Jacki, IJCCS (International Jammie Club of Creative Stitchers)
librocubicularist

(in reply to jjdavey)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Quilting >> Christmas in July Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll