Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Prayers for my Daughter-in-law

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for my Daughter-in-law Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/10/2012 11:46:00 AM   
Chris Lyon

Please remember me and my ddil in your prayers. Four years ago she decided that her life would be better without my son in it. He was devastated. Things didn't work out the way she had thought they would and she is now having a very difficult time. He is maintaining his legal obligations to her but is unwilling to give her any emotional support. I can't say that I blame him, but she is in great need of caring affection right now. I do what I can but I must admit that sometimes my patience wears thin. I guess I'm asking for prayers for the relationship between the two of us. I need more love and patience to continue to enfold her in my life.
Post #: 1
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/10/2012 11:57:06 AM   
Chere

Chris, prayers for both of you; my DD and her DH seperated over a year ago and trying to be supportive has, at times, been a bit tough for me.  I think I understand where you are coming from.  I'll pray for you to have more love and patience and ask you to do the same for me.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 2
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/10/2012 12:17:10 PM   
NormaK

Praying for both of you, Chris and Chere, and your respective children and their estranged spouses. That would be very hard.

My Ds (IL) and Ddil (CA) are trying to figure out how/where/when to see each other, since his BD is coming up soon. It's been about 2 1/2 months since she visited, and the trip exhausted her with her frail health. However, I don't think her mom wants him to visit at her house in CA. I don't think anyone has $$$ for airfare either, so I expect Dh will be prevailed upon. If she visits here, Dd will need many extra measures of grace. However, I'm thankful that Ds and Ddil want to see each other, and that their being apart has been because of circumstances and not of desire.

(in reply to Chere)
Post #: 3
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/10/2012 1:17:01 PM   
LindaTX

You are in my prayers. I have an alcoholic SIL in denial that also denies Christ. It can be difficult, and I worry about my daughter. Relationships with our children can be a problem.

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 4
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/11/2012 11:52:22 AM   
jem

Oh friends, I will pray for your needs Chris and Chere also for Norma and Linda. Our children pick they spouses often without thinking beyond their immediate feelings and wants. I wish we could wave a wand and solve our children and their spouses problems. Or change their spouses. You, your children and their spouses are in my prayers. Plese pray for my dd and her husband and Sofia.

Psalms 121
The Needler, =^..^=
Jacki, IJCCS (International Jammie Club of Creative Stitchers)
librocubicularist

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 5
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/11/2012 12:37:43 PM   
NormaK

Thank you very much, Jacki.

(in reply to jem)
Post #: 6
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/11/2012 1:25:55 PM   
Chris Lyon

Blessed St. Joseph, foster father of our lord, Jesus the Christ, protect all families. Help them to honor and keep their vows to God and each other. St Mary, help us as women and mothers to "ponder these things" in our hearts. Let us to let God direct our mouths to say what should be said and to keep silent when things should not be said.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 7
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/11/2012 2:25:32 PM   
Ms Rose

Praying for each and everyone. You all know that I just went through the same thing with DS and DDIL, but praise God, things worked out. I believe they are happier than ever. Praying for the same outcome here.

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 8
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/12/2012 7:22:12 AM   
NormaK

AMEN!

(in reply to Ms Rose)
Post #: 9
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/12/2012 2:15:01 PM   
SandyM

Prayers for you and ddil. Prayers for you also, Chere.

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 10
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/13/2012 4:21:48 AM   
Bobette

Heavenly Father, I ask that you would help all of us speak words of encouragement to our family members. help us to know when not to speak at all. As Moms we always want to fix things and make everything right, especially for our children. Help us to be more like Your Son. Your word says we are accountable for every word we speak. Make our words soft and gentle, full of encouragement. Help us to be strong each day. Strengthen us all each new day. We live in an imperfect world. In Christ's name I pray. Amen.

The Mom in all of us want so much more for our children than what we had. So many times I want to fix everything, but we learn from our experiences and God will help our kids get through their difficulties. He teaches us all this way. He knows what is best for each of his children. And speaking for myself, what I think the answer should be is not always right as time moves along and we discover that God's ways are best. It doesn't make it any easier as we all go through this. There is a saying - Let go let God - and that is so true.

(in reply to SandyM)
Post #: 11
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/13/2012 9:05:10 AM   
jem

Amen!

Psalms 121
The Needler, =^..^=
Jacki, IJCCS (International Jammie Club of Creative Stitchers)
librocubicularist

(in reply to Bobette)
Post #: 12
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/13/2012 9:15:30 AM   
NormaK

And amen!

(in reply to jem)
Post #: 13
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/13/2012 5:49:02 PM   
caaguirre

A big amen to Bobette's post too!

(in reply to NormaK)
Post #: 14
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/14/2012 10:12:58 PM   
LindaTX

Amen!

Never underestimate the power of prayer \@/

(in reply to caaguirre)
Post #: 15
RE: Prayers for my Daughter-in-law - 8/15/2012 10:47:19 AM   
Chere

Another big Amen to Bobette's post; we are facing a situation in Dh's family and are trying hard not to take sides and offer only encouragement.  It can be really tough at times.

(in reply to LindaTX)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Prayers for my Daughter-in-law Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2014 F+W Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy