Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death of Jesus

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death of Jesus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death of ... - 8/20/2012 10:55:24 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

While I pray the Divine Mercy chaplet every day and most days that means between 3 and 4 pm because praying at that hour has special power. While the Divine Mercy is a Catholic Meditation there is no reason not to avail ourselves of any special blessing that might come to us by keeping the 3 pm hour.
I pray that the Blood and Water that flowed from the side of Jesus on the cross might bathe me in HIS MERCY and that my prayers for all of those requesting prayers on the MP forum might receive mercy as well as praying for my own needs and the needs of my family. Wont you who pray daily try to join in at 3 pm - regardless of your Christian beliefs. Who knows what this forum can obtain by observing the 3 pm hour and no you do not have to pray for the whole hour I simply say Jesus it is the hour of Divine Mercy and here I am praying for your mercy.

< Message edited by ShirleyCalgary -- 8/20/2012 10:58:37 AM >

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine
Post #: 1
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/20/2012 4:12:15 PM   
LisaSewCute

Shirley, can you tell us more about why 3 is a special time? You are as generous with your prayers as you are with your sewing!

Lisa, Mom to Peter (18), Kathryn (16), Rose (14), David (9) & Andrew (4)
Blog: http://mommysapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mommys-Apron-Strings/639644296061029?ref=hl
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/mommysapron

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 2
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/20/2012 5:02:28 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Lisa we pray at 3 pm because it is the hour when Jesus died on the cross but here is the whole story of why we now have Divine Mercy Sunday previously as a kid we called it LOW SUNDAY the sunday after Easter it was the last possible time to make your Easter Duty. But now ithe Sunday after Easter is Divine Mercy Sunday - it is especially important to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet Good Friday at 3 pm as well as Divine Mercy Sunday then throughout the year Fridays at 3 pm. I have been saying a continuous Novena for 16 months as often as I can at 3 pm. But if I get embroiled in something I will say it without fail before I go to sleep sometime during the day.
If you are so inclined here is the story and details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplet_of_Divine_Mercy#Origin.2C_promises_and_recitations

< Message edited by ShirleyCalgary -- 8/20/2012 5:03:50 PM >

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to LisaSewCute)
Post #: 3
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/20/2012 5:56:49 PM   
Chris Lyon

Shirley, I wish I had your devotion and tenacity. I always do the novena from Good Friday to Mercy Sunday, and then randomly throughout the year. I know you and many are praying the novena everyday at 3:00pm and if you figure out all the time zones I think someone must be praying for God's infinite mercy constantly. Thank you for being part of this wonderful gift to the world.

Post #: 4
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/21/2012 10:09:19 AM   
Vada43

Here is a Time Zone Conversion http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

In the first spaces, enter Calgary Alberta Canada and the time of 3pm then in the second spaces underneath enter your own details.

Hope this is of help to anyone who wishes to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet at the same time as Shirley.

Vada

http://www.flickr.com/photos/levisnana/

(in reply to Chris Lyon)
Post #: 5
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/21/2012 12:34:41 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Actually I think while it is good for us to pray together calling to mind the words of Jesus when 2 or more are gathered there I am also but really pray this between 3 and 4 pm your time if you can.

(in reply to Vada43)
Post #: 6
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/23/2012 10:44:57 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

The other day I sat in the car praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet and when I was finished I went into Walmarts looking for hankies - the woman who helped me track down their new location agreed that they were too expensive 6.97 for 3 compared to 13 for $9 at last Christmas - she asked what I do with them and I told her that I had just mailed off a hanky that I had crochet'd lace and embroidered with an initial for a long away friend in hospital with cancer in her spine - I think that I was directed to speak to her because her husband has just been diagnosed with Bladder cancer they are not sure if it has spread. A friend of my sister's who accompanied her on some meetings with oncologist to make sure that nothing was lost due to the fact that he was french he could speak freely in french and if my sister didnt catch everything her friend Dolores would remind her. Dolores's sister Shirley had had bladder cancer - dont know the details of her treatment but I am thinking removal of bladder BUT they grew her a new bladder in a petri dish and after her cancer treatment she had it implanted. Perhaps I was meant to impart that information to her or perhaps I was meant to tell her that at the onset my sister knew that there were spots on her liver and kidney and lung but first the treatment of the colon cancer and chemo then they addressed the liver with resection then finally removed part of one kidney just a small part of it - the lung stuff that showed up was likely scar tissue from severe bronchitis etc. Thanks be to God for His mercy my sister and Dolores's sister are doing well.

Post #: 7
RE: Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death... - 8/23/2012 12:38:40 PM   
jem

Shirley, I join you as often as I can and I appreciate the significants of 3pm. I'm just not as disciplined as you. I thank you for your prayers and concerns. 

Psalms 121
The Needler, =^..^=
Jacki, IJCCS (International Jammie Club of Creative Stitchers)
librocubicularist

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Miscellaneous] >> Prayer & Inspirational Messages >> Praying at 3pm daily in commemoration of the death of Jesus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2014 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy