Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Clover Fabric folding marking pen

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Clover Fabric folding marking pen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/14/2013 3:11:54 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Girls you have got to watch this free video from MP   I googled the Clover fabric folding pen that marks and folds but it seems Joanns no longer have them in stock  http://www.sewbeautifulmag.com/sew-beautiful-projects/antique-sewing-techniques-i-preview-folded-tucks

Our brand new 33 year old pastor asked me if I could make him some new Corporals for Communion - well sure if you buy the fabric - well he doesnt know where to buy fabric - well says I what fabric is it - he smiles and says just like the hanky you made for my mother - darn darn darn.  I am thinking it will make the hemming of fabric easier of course he had to drag me off behind the altar to the room where they keep the altar linens - sure enough the existing corporals were sad - approx 20 x 20  with a small tight puckered little red cross - of course I bet if I took them home and washed them and then starched them with my H2gone starch I could beat those puckers into submission.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine
Post #: 1
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/14/2013 4:55:23 PM   
MoDo

Wow! Thanks for posting that link, Shirley! I've been wondering how to make folded tucks (*newbie here*), and that video sure showed me how. Now to get hold of one of those pens!

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 2
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/16/2013 2:11:05 PM   
Penny Hal

I've never heard of such a pen. If I hadn't seen it myself, I don't think I would have believed what it does. Please post where you find them!!!

Penny

(in reply to MoDo)
Post #: 3
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/16/2013 2:13:38 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

they are made by CLOVER - Joansn might have them but online it said out of stock - MP sells them - I intend to look at my Fabricland notion wall.  Print out a picture to take with you to ask -   oh dont use this to make heirloom like a christening/baptism gown that you intend to be passed down through the ages - the pen works by weakening the fabric but I AM HAVING some of those pens for regular sewing when you want to make tucks or even to mark a hem.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Penny Hal)
Post #: 4
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/16/2013 3:40:39 PM   
gillie

I have had one for about 3 years and never used it. Now I might. Thank's Shirley. I think I got it online, sewthankful or Vaune's.

Gillie

Post #: 5
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/16/2013 8:00:26 PM   
slowstitcher

Oh my gosh! That's awesome! Will be looking for that nifty tool.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 6
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/18/2013 3:38:33 PM   
Belinda

That is an amazing pen. This is the first I have heard of it too. I remember years ago when we renewed our subscription to Sew Beautiful mag we received a video showing the latest gadgets and techniques. I miss those videos...I really enjoyed watching them.

Belinda in MS

(in reply to slowstitcher)
Post #: 7
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/18/2013 9:35:17 PM   
delmarva

quote:

ORIGINAL: gillie

I have had one for about 3 years and never used it. Now I might. Thank's Shirley. I think I got it online, sewthankful or Vaune's.

Gillie, me too, though I'm sure I've had it longer than 3 years. Of course, I also have no idea where it is now... I got it at a shop (quilting and heirloom) that our guild visited.

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 8
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/19/2013 4:37:36 PM   
darleen

Shirley, Punch with Judy at the Rock in nsw australia has them listed on their site. When you go there on the left hand side it says Clover Products and then scroll to Page 7. As long as she still has them in stock. You can send her an email, lovely lady to do business with.

Darleen

(in reply to delmarva)
Post #: 9
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/19/2013 8:54:11 PM   
gillie

Nancy's notions have them as well as the Clover site.

Gillie

(in reply to darleen)
Post #: 10
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/19/2013 9:28:13 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

Yikes 18.95 http://www.punchwithjudy.com.au/shop/search.php?mode=search&page=1  how much could shipping be on such a small item.  Martha Pullen has them for $11
http://search.nancysnotions.com/?q=fabric+folding+pen&sp_cs=UTF-8&Search.x=48&Search.y=10  $11 here too

(in reply to gillie)
Post #: 11
RE: Clover Fabric folding marking pen - 1/19/2013 9:40:07 PM   
ShirleyCalgary

http://store.marthapullen.com/p-5576-clover-fabric-folding-pen  $11  Joanns also sells them - so just have to watch for 50% off notions wall

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Machine Embroidery >> Clover Fabric folding marking pen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

© 2014 F+W All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Policy