Register  |  Login  |  My Profile  |  Inbox  |  My Notifications  |  Member List  |  Search  |  FAQ  |  Log Out

Chiffon yarn

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Knitting >> Chiffon yarn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chiffon yarn - 3/1/2013 9:33:57 AM   
makettle

Ok, just saw a youtube video for make scarves with Chiffon Ribbon. It is by Estelle Yarns. I need it! Can't get it in the USA yet, it is made in Canada! Ugh, wish it was available here! Shirley, have you seen it yet?
Post #: 1
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/1/2013 8:06:43 PM   
Roxann

I'm so glad you posted about this Charlotte...I saw a couple of these scarves yesterday at the sewing expo, but no help available to explain...no it all makes perfect sense after finding your post and a sidetrip to youtube!  Here is a site I found...on your coast too!    FYI...the scarves we saw were sooooo soft. http://www.bellayarns.com/Circulo_Tecido_Trico_Chiffon_Ruffle_Yarn_p/20022.htm

Roxann

(in reply to makettle)
Post #: 2
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/2/2013 6:54:41 AM   
makettle

Thanks Roxann. I googled the name in you tube, so guess that is why I didn't find any locally. WOnder if it is available in CA. Headed there tomorrow morning for a week. Would be great to get it and work on it while babysitting the girls.

(in reply to Roxann)
Post #: 3
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/2/2013 10:25:52 AM   
EmilyB

Charlotte, they have it at Webs but I think it may be a different brand.  Of course, this won't help if you are on your way to CA.   Am tempted to take a ride up and take a look at it.   I suspect there may be several companies  making a similar product. 

Del

(in reply to makettle)
Post #: 4
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/2/2013 12:18:47 PM   
makettle

Thanks Del. Let me know what you think. I will probably order it online and have it sent home so that I can take it with me on the cruise to work on. Probably would take 2 weeks to do it for me!! I find those types of yarns are more challenging for the way I knit than others. I do the continental so can't just wrap the needle around the yarn! I went to that store once, and man I wanted to move in.

(in reply to EmilyB)
Post #: 5
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/3/2013 6:21:02 AM   
Hokie Mom

Have you seen this lacy yarn?

http://www.knittingfever.com/c/yarn/kfi-renda-trico-margarida/

You can knit it together with the chiffon yarn. Looks pretty interesting.

Lisa in Webster NY

(in reply to makettle)
Post #: 6
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/3/2013 10:21:30 AM   
ShirleyCalgary

That Circulo lace looks interesting - @Charlotte - I will look at Walmarts - but I doubt it is here yet either.

Shirley - Mom to Dickens (PuppyWuppy now known as Dicky Wicky)and Doyle (baby) and Baxter, Bella, Pistol, Cowboy, ChiChi at Rainbow Bridge
I sew on Janome 8000, 10001, 11000se, 12000, 350e, 300e, Janome 234d and Babylock Imagine

(in reply to Hokie Mom)
Post #: 7
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/3/2013 7:17:29 PM   
Roxann

Charlotte, I went back to the Expo today and found the chiffon ribbon yarn. I specifically asked about continental knitting, and the gal picked up her work in progress and showed me that it is quite straightforward to use this method. She'd sold out of most of her selection, but will have it on her website soon. www.greatyarns.com

Roxann

(in reply to ShirleyCalgary)
Post #: 8
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/4/2013 10:54:11 AM   
shebru

I have seen it in the yarn stores in Central Oregon, so should be easy to find.  It didn't float my boat so I rather dismissed it.  Jimmy Beans has it as well, I sure if you query ruffle yarns at say Jimmy's you will see lots of selections.

(in reply to Roxann)
Post #: 9
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/4/2013 9:49:13 PM   
Camille

Charlotte, I saw the same video the other day and of course I want some also. I looked it up and couldn't find the one with the scallops. They would be great for the spring. Have a great time in CA.

(in reply to shebru)
Post #: 10
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/9/2013 7:24:44 AM   
makettle

Looked in CA and they didn't know what I was talking about! Can you imagine that? So guess it will wait til I return to hunt it down. :(

(in reply to Camille)
Post #: 11
RE: Chiffon yarn - 3/10/2013 9:12:22 AM   
makettle

Ha, WEBS yarn store has it and I ordered two different patterns yesterday! It should be here before I leave on Friday afternoon as the store is in MA and mail usually gets here in 2 days from there. Yippee! I'll take it with me as my take along project! Course then I saw Lisa's baby bonnet and am seriously thinking of attempting something along those lines! Two girls at the bank are pregnant and due in May, one is having a boy, the other a girl and I had thought about making some bonnets. I so want to smock something cute!

(in reply to makettle)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Sewing] >> Knitting >> Chiffon yarn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote